Consumer United

www.consumerunited.com

Want a career? Not here.

Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsGood sales training.
Cool people to work with.
Some fun parties!
Always music playing.
If you want 6 months to a year of experience and are fine with that, this job is ok.

ConsThey mess up your bonus check most months. Don't expect to get paid right.
Crappy leads, and no matter how hard you try, the warm leads you dial 10 times in a row will not want to talk to you no matter how good of a sales person you are.
You have to ask to use the bathroom.
If you are 5 minutes late to work, from breaks, you get written up. You are made to feel like a robot, not human.
This place is all about having as many bodies in seats to make as many calls for them as possible to hit their goals, they promise you the world, but change it every month.
Think twice before accepting a job here if u actually want a sales career, or any sort of honesty.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you are a call center, be that. If you are a sales floor, be that. Stop changing sales bonus every other month! Messing with sales people $ is messing with their life.

Great lunch options,

Sales Agent (Former Employee) Boston, MA

I worked at Consumer United full-time for less than a year

Pros: You get to meet some great people who are the same age as you and they pay for all your different state producer licenses. they… Cons: The leads they purchase are mostly garbage and the dialing system they use assault dials people so by the time they hear your voice they're… Advice to Senior Management: Be a little more selective on who you promote to management, some people may be great sales agents… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

positive upbeat sales floor

Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee) Boston, MA

I have been working at Consumer United full-time for less than a year

Pros: ambitious, hungry for profit. Good place to work if… Cons: sales floor is relatively unrealistic Advice to Senior Management: keep up the good work, but lower the sales floor… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Consumer United.

Worked for Consumer United? Contribute to the Community!