Consumers cares!

Current Employee - Production Supervisor  in  Port Sheldon, MI
Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Port Sheldon, MI

I have been working at Consumers Energy full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I truely believe at Consumers employee safety is #1. This is a great company where hard work and dedication can lead to great career advancement and pay. I will never leave this company.

Cons

I feel a large number of union employees who have had the opportunity to work for Consumers for many years have forgotten how tough the job market is...and how good the really have it! I wish everyone would earn their paycheck and give an honest days work for great pay.

The implementation of change is the hardest part of being a member of management- Sometimes you need to break away from the way things have been done in the past and lay a new set of ground rules and standards. I know its not always the most popular thing to do but your good employees that do a good job on a daily basis will be all for it- and your poor performing(or lazy) performers will eventually weed themselves out.

Other Reviews for Consumers Energy

Overall very satisfied with employment.

Current Employee - Training  in  Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Training in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Consumers Energy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Solid company offering a variety of positions and career paths. Good pay and decent benefits. Many employees are long term (20+ years), friendly, and strive to do a good job.

Cons

Advancement opportunities are sometimes lacking. The company is always a second-mover with regards to technology, risks, strategy, etc., so don't expect to be on the forefront of emerging ideas. The company also bends over backwards to appease its union.

Hire people who know something about the business and avoid those who only want to make a name for themselves, rather than helping the business and employees grow.

IT Intern

Current Employee - IT Intern  in  Jackson, MI
    Current Employee - IT Intern in Jackson, MI

I have been working at Consumers Energy as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Great people to work with. Everyone was willing to help and explain any problems I had. Overall it was a great experience.

Cons

Seemed like a very rigid, formal environment. The work itself was mundane and boring. Didn't seem like there were a lot of job opportunities in the field I was interested in.

There are newer employer reviews for Consumers Energy.

Worked for Consumers Energy? Contribute to the Community!