Consumers Energy

www.consumersenergy.com

Consumers cares!

Production Supervisor (Current Employee) Port Sheldon, MI

ProsI truely believe at Consumers employee safety is #1. This is a great company where hard work and dedication can lead to great career advancement and pay. I will never leave this company.

ConsI feel a large number of union employees who have had the opportunity to work for Consumers for many years have forgotten how tough the job market is...and how good the really have it! I wish everyone would earn their paycheck and give an honest days work for great pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe implementation of change is the hardest part of being a member of management- Sometimes you need to break away from the way things have been done in the past and lay a new set of ground rules and standards. I know its not always the most popular thing to do but your good employees that do a good job on a daily basis will be all for it- and your poor performing(or lazy) performers will eventually weed themselves out.

Overall very satisfied with employment.

Training (Current Employee) Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Consumers Energy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Solid company offering a variety of positions and career paths. Good pay and decent benefits.… Cons: Advancement opportunities are sometimes lacking. The company is always a second-mover with regards to technology, risks, strategy, etc., so… Advice to Senior Management: Hire people who know something about the business and avoid those who only want… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

IT Intern

IT Intern (Current Employee) Jackson, MI

I have been working at Consumers Energy as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Great people to work with. Everyone was willing to help and… Cons: Seemed like a very rigid, formal environment. The work itself was mundane and boring. Didn't… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Consumers Energy.

Worked for Consumers Energy? Contribute to the Community!