Container Store

There are newer employer reviews for Container Store

part time visual sales

Current Employee - Part Time Visual Sales in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Part Time Visual Sales in Denver, CO

I have been working at Container Store part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Opportunity to work with an amazing group of people, with vast backgrounds. TCS's customers are great and working with them to solve organization problems is my favorite aspect of the job. A very supportive and welcoming team environment. Love the Foundation Principles, just don't think they are as relevant as they used to be...

Cons

Little known fact, TCS promotes FT / Managers from outside - GIANT disconnect from their Foundation Principles. This is not 1=3, except for the super human ability needed to do as much as you are asked to do. Managers spend much of their time doing schedules and little time driving business. The more you are able to work the more scattered your shifts will become. Some of the Managers do not walk the walk, but they talk a good talk.

Hire more FT people, reduce the # friends and family hired by Managers. It is really disheartening when the Manager's daughter get better shifts ( & probably earns more than you do) while they still in HIgh School or College. Make schedules more regular, PT is a FT committment at TCS if you limit availability, you won't get hours, (unless you are a friend or family member of a Manager.) SO sad, I was so excited when I started...

370 Other Employee Reviews for Container Store (View Most Recent)

Entirely too much contradiction and kool-aid drinking

I worked at Container Store as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

a little higher pay scale than others in the area. Employee discounts of products and other supporter companies, IE: discount sport and other town events for entertainment purposes. Great foundation ideas

Cons

The hiring process was very wasteful of time, work books, paper, and really did so little to prepare one for what to really expect. A ton of bragging up a company which lead to false hope as it clearly and almost immediately revealed itself. Poor training, to say the least and never any prospect of cross training came, except to those shown favoritism. Line leads and supervisors looking right through you and still on a regular basis carrying this almost seeming literal 'brain washed' mentality. Very generic and lacking of genuine 'employee first' mantra that the company was based on. There is so much crime in every aspect I witnessed to the foundation principles I could actually compose a very lengthy essay. I was completely disappointed to have been falsely lured into the hope of a better work place they sell. Kip, you bragged at your rare speech given this month, I was impressed by getting to witness this, but I also sat there so very sad at what I know and realize and that you don't, anymore. I call the foundation principles ideas, now. I see they are not being executed as were intended. I am genuinely upset to see values of such importance being spoke and being mocked so badly

Management should take some really deep thought and look into the execution of these plans laid out. Get back in touch with your fellow employees and redefine equality and fairness before it is any more out of control.

The have created a delusional world

Current Employee - Full Time Visual Sales in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Full Time Visual Sales in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Container Store full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Coworkers (the few that are not stressed out due to micromanaging)

Cons

The Container Store was at one time a forward thinking company in tune with their employees and walking the talk. No more. It saddens me to witness the disconnect between the executive team and those of us working our best under ever increasing pressure on the sales floor. Fact: if you are a full time employee you are expected to run the show --literally--while the managers sit in the back attempting to keep their heads above water with the ever increasing workload. They have no administrative assistant (the position was axed though is desperately needed) so spend an inordinate amount of their time dealing with scheduling (us full-timers estimate it takes over 50% of their time).
    Kip & Co. Quit with the lip-service "We Love Our Employees". You know it is nothing but a marketing ploy. You have even stated so on conference calls by claiming how much PR you get out of that silly drive around town advertisement vehicle that proclaims how loved we fortunate employees are. Give us a break. It is embarrassing and pathetic. Spend more time and effort figuring out how to give your extremely dedicated and over-worked store staff a real raise! Not the puny 1-2% that is deemed "a good" increase for top performers.

There are newer employer reviews for Container Store