Container Store

There are newer employer reviews for Container Store

Perfect first job

Former Employee - Prime Time Sales in Miami, FL
Former Employee - Prime Time Sales in Miami, FL

I worked at Container Store part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Loved the atmosphere, pleasant coworkers, genuinely want to help customers.

Cons

Once the company was sold it wasn't as 'family oriented' as it originally felt. they lost the 'happy employees make even happier customers' philosophy, so it wasn't quite as much fun to work there, employees aren't nearly as appreciated as they used to be.

go back to old management styles. your employees are your best assets.

370 Other Employee Reviews for Container Store (View Most Recent)

part time visual sales

Current Employee - Part Time Visual Sales in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Part Time Visual Sales in Denver, CO

I have been working at Container Store part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Opportunity to work with an amazing group of people, with vast backgrounds. TCS's customers are great and working with them to solve organization problems is my favorite aspect of the job. A very supportive and welcoming team environment. Love the Foundation Principles, just don't think they are as relevant as they used to be...

Cons

Little known fact, TCS promotes FT / Managers from outside - GIANT disconnect from their Foundation Principles. This is not 1=3, except for the super human ability needed to do as much as you are asked to do. Managers spend much of their time doing schedules and little time driving business. The more you are able to work the more scattered your shifts will become. Some of the Managers do not walk the walk, but they talk a good talk.

Hire more FT people, reduce the # friends and family hired by Managers. It is really disheartening when the Manager's daughter get better shifts ( & probably earns more than you do) while they still in HIgh School or College. Make schedules more regular, PT is a FT committment at TCS if you limit availability, you won't get hours, (unless you are a friend or family member of a Manager.) SO sad, I was so excited when I started...

Entirely too much contradiction and kool-aid drinking

I worked at Container Store as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

a little higher pay scale than others in the area. Employee discounts of products and other supporter companies, IE: discount sport and other town events for entertainment purposes. Great foundation ideas

Cons

The hiring process was very wasteful of time, work books, paper, and really did so little to prepare one for what to really expect. A ton of bragging up a company which lead to false hope as it clearly and almost immediately revealed itself. Poor training, to say the least and never any prospect of cross training came, except to those shown favoritism. Line leads and supervisors looking right through you and still on a regular basis carrying this almost seeming literal 'brain washed' mentality. Very generic and lacking of genuine 'employee first' mantra that the company was based on. There is so much crime in every aspect I witnessed to the foundation principles I could actually compose a very lengthy essay. I was completely disappointed to have been falsely lured into the hope of a better work place they sell. Kip, you bragged at your rare speech given this month, I was impressed by getting to witness this, but I also sat there so very sad at what I know and realize and that you don't, anymore. I call the foundation principles ideas, now. I see they are not being executed as were intended. I am genuinely upset to see values of such importance being spoke and being mocked so badly

Management should take some really deep thought and look into the execution of these plans laid out. Get back in touch with your fellow employees and redefine equality and fairness before it is any more out of control.

There are newer employer reviews for Container Store