They stand for what they say they do

I have been working at Container Store full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Training
Open Communication between staff & team

Cons

Only "cons" would be protocol for retail- working nights and weekends, dealing with some difficult situations, etc.. but things that should be and are made clear in interview process.

Other Reviews for Container Store

Top-Down Management that creates fear

Current Employee - Sales  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Container Store part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

For a part time person the hourly pay is decent

Cons

If you value a company that in open, honest and truly transparent this is not the company for you.
    There is a disconnect between the image The Container Store spends so much time and effort promoting and marketing (The Talk) and what it is actually like once you are hired and have to deal with on a day to day basis (The Walk). People are afraid to share ideas and their creative input as they
    have witnessed far too many times how it gets turned around to mean that they are "uncooperative" or "negative" and not supporting the vision and decisions of the company. It is a completely top-down corporate culture--do not believe the hype. You know those great ratings they get from Fortune? I have had mangers standing over me and others as we filled the Fortune surveys out. We have been sent emails several times just before the due date to mail the surveys "reminding" us of what a great company we all work for and how best to navigate through the questions. We are micro-managed beyond belief...and it is an unnecessarily high pressure environment. If you want a little part time gig you might be fine. If you seek a full time position and/or a careerI highly advise looking elsewhere.

Employed about 8 months

Current Employee - Prime Time Sales
    Current Employee - Prime Time Sales

I have been working at Container Store part-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits for Part Time Workers

Cons

Working nights and weekends is a bummer

There are newer employer reviews for Container Store.

Worked for Container Store? Contribute to the Community!