Container Store

www.containerstore.com
  www.containerstore.com
There are newer employer reviews for Container Store

A few reasons working at The Container Store is inspiring!

Current Employee - Store Manager
Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Container Store

Pros

I get to work alongside great people, who love what they do and who are inspired to do better each day - the best part is that I too am inspired to do better, as a result of how great I feel about myself and the company, as well as because I want to be as inspiring to others as they are to me.

The Container Store also has limitless career opportunities - well, limited only by ones own personal drive. Knowledge is freely given and attitude and aptitude are rewarded with more responsibility and training. I feel the company leadership is personally committed to my success.

Cons

With every new opportunity comes more responsibility and sometimes the days can get long. That it is retail can itself be a challenge - flexible schedules, working around and on holidays and weekends. Sometimes, of course, that is a good thing (nice to have a day off during the week) but occasionally hours can be quite demanding.

The culture of the company is wonderful in that we are all allowed, and expected, to give each other feedback, which itself can be tough.

It's about growing as an employee and a person, and everyone knows growing can be hard. Never too much though and communication lines are always open...

Keep doing what you're doing, the inspiration you provide is amazing!!!

362 Other Employee Reviews for Container Store (View Most Recent)

Great part time opportunity

Current Employee - Sales/Order Processor in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Sales/Order Processor in Houston, TX

I have been working at Container Store part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoy this part-time opportunity to earn better-than-average pay for a retail job. Hours are flexible, training for the job is on-going and helpful. Retail jobs can be very demanding at times, but there is a good atmosphere within this company and they generally hire bright, energetic people.

Cons

Physically demanding job at times, up and down ladders and unloading trucks. The corporate culture is good but not all managers embrace the culture all the time.

Please make sure ALL managers adhere to the corporate philosophies and Foundation Principles.

Best internship ever!

Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Coppell, TX
    Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Coppell, TX

I worked at Container Store as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

There are too many pros to list, but the strong company culture and amazing co-workers are what really made my internship amazing! I got to do 2-week rotations with all of the marketing teams including creative, social media, community relations, cultural programs, paid media, customer engagement, and more. I learned so much about the company as well as marketing in general. This company is truly one-of-a-kind, and if you have the chance to apply- DO IT! There wasn't a single day where I didn't want to go into work, and most days they had to force me to go home! The environment both in-store and in the home office can't be beat and the food in the cafe is to die for!

Cons

The only thing I can think of is that because I am still in college, I had to adjust to working with peers that were older than me. Not really a con though... loved getting the chance to be in the 'real world' and work on communication.

I really loved the management! The leadership was so passionate about the employees and even as an intern I felt so cared for and like my opinion mattered.

There are newer employer reviews for Container Store