Container Store

www.containerstore.com
  www.containerstore.com
There are newer employer reviews for Container Store

A few reasons working at The Container Store is inspiring!

Current Employee - Store Manager
Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Container Store

Pros

I get to work alongside great people, who love what they do and who are inspired to do better each day - the best part is that I too am inspired to do better, as a result of how great I feel about myself and the company, as well as because I want to be as inspiring to others as they are to me.

The Container Store also has limitless career opportunities - well, limited only by ones own personal drive. Knowledge is freely given and attitude and aptitude are rewarded with more responsibility and training. I feel the company leadership is personally committed to my success.

Cons

With every new opportunity comes more responsibility and sometimes the days can get long. That it is retail can itself be a challenge - flexible schedules, working around and on holidays and weekends. Sometimes, of course, that is a good thing (nice to have a day off during the week) but occasionally hours can be quite demanding.

The culture of the company is wonderful in that we are all allowed, and expected, to give each other feedback, which itself can be tough.

It's about growing as an employee and a person, and everyone knows growing can be hard. Never too much though and communication lines are always open...

Keep doing what you're doing, the inspiration you provide is amazing!!!

369 Other Employee Reviews for Container Store (View Most Recent)

great company to work for

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Washington, DC

I worked at Container Store part-time (more than an year)

Pros

amazing atmosphere and great team work and amazing non corporate beliefs and great pay!!!!

Cons

hard to move up with the company but timing makes perfect

keep up the great work

A Company that truly puts employees first

I worked at Container Store full-time

Pros

Employee First Culture. Not just a mantra but it is living and breathing in each store. Foundation principles that drive successful business interaction every day. Fun work environment which really does drive an Air of excitement.

Kip is an amazing CEO. His business philosophy and Conscious Capitalism driven thought process constantly drive a successful, profitable and employee centric busieness.

Going public has really driven TCS closer together. I feel blessed to be part of it.

Thank you.

Cons

The company is growing and there are certain pains but overall it is a wonderful place to work and be part of everyday.

As opportunities arise at TCS be more clear in the communication of them. Area Director, GM, SM and FT leader positions. There needs to be more internal hires.

There are newer employer reviews for Container Store