Container Store
www.containerstore.com Coppell, TX 1000 to 5000 Employees

A few reasons working at The Container Store is inspiring!

Store Manager (Current Employee)

ProsI get to work alongside great people, who love what they do and who are inspired to do better each day - the best part is that I too am inspired to do better, as a result of how great I feel about myself and the company, as well as because I want to be as inspiring to others as they are to me.

The Container Store also has limitless career opportunities - well, limited only by ones own personal drive. Knowledge is freely given and attitude and aptitude are rewarded with more responsibility and training. I feel the company leadership is personally committed to my success.

ConsWith every new opportunity comes more responsibility and sometimes the days can get long. That it is retail can itself be a challenge - flexible schedules, working around and on holidays and weekends. Sometimes, of course, that is a good thing (nice to have a day off during the week) but occasionally hours can be quite demanding.

The culture of the company is wonderful in that we are all allowed, and expected, to give each other feedback, which itself can be tough.

It's about growing as an employee and a person, and everyone knows growing can be hard. Never too much though and communication lines are always open...

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing, the inspiration you provide is amazing!!!

Empowered Employees

Part Time Sales/Elfa Designer (Former Employee)
    Denver, CO

I worked at Container Store part-time for more than a year

Pros: I grew as a person working there. Training is extensive, to give an employee knowledge of the whole business. My selling skills improved because they… Cons: The retail hours were tough sometimes.Schedules were built weeks in advance which sounds great - but it was still hard to trade a… Advice to Senior Management: Keep including the employees in the loop for coming changes.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Employee Centered Culture-Great Discount-Great Customers and Coworkers

Full Time Sales (Former Employee)

I worked at Container Store full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good pay and employee discount. No extreme hours during… Cons: Part-time hours vary with season and management's opinion of the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Container Store.

Worked for Container Store? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Container Store reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Container Store CEO Kip Tindell. All reviews posted anonymously by Container Store employees.