There are newer employer reviews for Container Store

A few reasons working at The Container Store is inspiring!

Current Employee - Store Manager
Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Container Store

Pros

I get to work alongside great people, who love what they do and who are inspired to do better each day - the best part is that I too am inspired to do better, as a result of how great I feel about myself and the company, as well as because I want to be as inspiring to others as they are to me.

The Container Store also has limitless career opportunities - well, limited only by ones own personal drive. Knowledge is freely given and attitude and aptitude are rewarded with more responsibility and training. I feel the company leadership is personally committed to my success.

Cons

With every new opportunity comes more responsibility and sometimes the days can get long. That it is retail can itself be a challenge - flexible schedules, working around and on holidays and weekends. Sometimes, of course, that is a good thing (nice to have a day off during the week) but occasionally hours can be quite demanding.

The culture of the company is wonderful in that we are all allowed, and expected, to give each other feedback, which itself can be tough.

It's about growing as an employee and a person, and everyone knows growing can be hard. Never too much though and communication lines are always open...

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, the inspiration you provide is amazing!!!

reviews filtered by

Prime time employee

I have been working at Container Store part-time

Pros

Great place to work- fun and exciting, employees are all friendly and great to work with. Team leaders are always positive and excited to be there.

Cons

Not much opportunity to work into full-time positions.

Sales Associate

Former Employee - Prime Time Sales Associate in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Prime Time Sales Associate in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Container Store part-time

Pros

Great people, good corporate culture, flexibility with work schedule. Company provides a great deal of training.

Cons

The company went public a year ago and is going through some growing pains. There is no upward mobility if you start part time at the company.