There are newer employer reviews for Container Store

A few reasons working at The Container Store is inspiring!

Current Employee - Store Manager
Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Container Store

Pros

I get to work alongside great people, who love what they do and who are inspired to do better each day - the best part is that I too am inspired to do better, as a result of how great I feel about myself and the company, as well as because I want to be as inspiring to others as they are to me.

The Container Store also has limitless career opportunities - well, limited only by ones own personal drive. Knowledge is freely given and attitude and aptitude are rewarded with more responsibility and training. I feel the company leadership is personally committed to my success.

Cons

With every new opportunity comes more responsibility and sometimes the days can get long. That it is retail can itself be a challenge - flexible schedules, working around and on holidays and weekends. Sometimes, of course, that is a good thing (nice to have a day off during the week) but occasionally hours can be quite demanding.

The culture of the company is wonderful in that we are all allowed, and expected, to give each other feedback, which itself can be tough.

It's about growing as an employee and a person, and everyone knows growing can be hard. Never too much though and communication lines are always open...

Keep doing what you're doing, the inspiration you provide is amazing!!!

342 Other Employee Reviews for Container Store (View Most Recent)

Great place to work

Former Employee - Customer Service  in  Coppell, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Coppell, TX

I worked at Container Store part-time for more than a year

Pros

Adequate training & positive environment. Great teamwork and flexibility.

Cons

It's retail so weekend and holidays are a must.

Good place to work, but don't drink the Kool Aid

Current Employee - Part Time Sales  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Part Time Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Container Store part-time for more than a year

Pros

The vibe and energy of TCS employees is generally very positive, which makes the work environment great. The pay is also above industry standards, and they provide great training.

Cons

They do force the company culture down your throat a little. It's definitely important that everyone knows and understands the company culture, but there are some points you almost feel like you're joining some sort of cult. There's also no room for any movement or additional hours as a part time employee, which means you're either all in or you're not.

There are newer employer reviews for Container Store

Worked for Container Store? Contribute to the Community!