There are newer employer reviews for Container Store

Visual Merchandiser

Current Employee - Visual Sales - Part Time  in  Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Visual Sales - Part Time in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Container Store part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The Container Store has a great company atmosphere. Everyone works together as a team by accomplishing tasks and assisting each other to make sales, campaign set ups, and pm/am merchandising.

Cons

Nothing really. It's a customer service position where most customers you help are great but then there are those customers who are inconsiderate and can ruin your confidence because of their lack of patience.

345 Other Employee Reviews for Container Store (View Most Recent)

Empowered Employees

Former Employee - Part Time Sales/Elfa Designer  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Part Time Sales/Elfa Designer in Denver, CO

I worked at Container Store part-time for more than a year

Pros

I grew as a person working there. Training is extensive, to give an employee knowledge of the whole business. My selling skills improved because they taught me how to really listen and think through the long term solution. We were empowered as employees to give the customer exactly what they want.. Daily huddle before the shift kept me informed of events ,daily sales goal,customer needs for the day etc
    The managers I worked for were real people and came out on the floor and worked along side us.

Cons

The retail hours were tough sometimes.Schedules were built weeks in advance which sounds great - but it was still hard to trade a shift if something in my life changed. We had " skill sets" that needed to match the employee we traded with-not an easy task.

Keep including the employees in the loop for coming changes. Make trading shifts less of a hassle.

Employee Centered Culture-Great Discount-Great Customers and Coworkers

Former Employee - Full Time Sales
    Former Employee - Full Time Sales

I worked at Container Store full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good pay and employee discount. No extreme hours during holidays. Family atmosphere.

Cons

Part-time hours vary with season and management's opinion of the strengths of the employee. Little room for full-time jobs or growth.

There are newer employer reviews for Container Store

Worked for Container Store? Contribute to the Community!