There are newer employer reviews for Contech Engineered Solutions

Good employer

Current Employee - Project Consultant in Raleigh, NC
Current Employee - Project Consultant in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Contech Engineered Solutions

Pros

Very sharp people. Most are self motivated, high achievers.

Cons

The culture dictates a lot of hours per week.

No advice

44 Other Employee Reviews for Contech Engineered Solutions (View Most Recent)

future unknown

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, MN

I have been working at Contech Engineered Solutions

Pros

Currently busy in a down economy

Cons

unannounced layoffs, lack of communication, constant restructuring leading to?

Tell us where we are going

AVOID CONTECH!

Former Employee - Sales Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Contech Engineered Solutions

Pros

Making your own schedule is probably the best reason to work at CONTECH. There is quite a bit of flexibility as long as you continue to produce. The company provides a vehicle although the quality of the selection of vehicles tends to decline on a regular basis. The benefit package is reasonable however I have heard that they recently eliminated the 401k match. The sales engineers and product specialists call on a variety of clients including engineers, architects, developers and contractors so every day can be entirely different. Some of the guys that work there are great and I have relationships from my time there that I will always cherish.

Cons

Upper management has no idea of the realities of the market from the field level perspective. They change the incentive plan every year and every year it gets worse. Don't even think of promotion from within. Ingersall Rand rejects now run CONTECH. Very few "at the top" have worked the lower level positions so how could they know the true day to day challenges that we face as field level sales engineers? Communication is very poor. Every year during my time at CONTECH, the field staff were not provided with the "new and improved" incentive plan until about 2 to 3 month into the fiscal year.

Try to listen to the guys in the field a little more. Set realistic goals. Lose some of the fluff levels of senior management in an effort to keep overhead down instead of reaching in the pockets of the Sales Engineers... PAY YOUR PEOPLE!

There are newer employer reviews for Contech Engineered Solutions