CONTECH is becoming over-managed and thin on support

I have been working at Contech Engineered Solutions

Pros

Extraordinary amount of talented, hard working and competent people below the management levels. Varied, complex product line keeps you continually learning. Decent amount of latitude to make critical business decisions in your territory.

Cons

This organization is becoming increasingly top heavy. More management and more layoffs at the support level. Directives are becoming increasingly out of touch with realities of the market. Corporate culture is being driven further and further to metric-based micromanagement. Leadership is becoming increasingly untrusting of its employees and its customer base.

More indians and less chiefs. Learn to trust and respect the two most important aspects of your company - your people and your customers. Your people are more talented than you think and your customers are more trustworthy than you suspect. Just because your financiers are telling you that you are managing the company right doesn't mean you're doing the right thing to make your company stronger in the long term. Ignoring the concerns of your employees and imposing an adversarial corporate culture will backfire in the long run.

Other Reviews for Contech Engineered Solutions

Great Internship

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  West Chester, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Chester, OH

I have been working at Contech Engineered Solutions as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The people at Contech are extremely helpful to others and invested in their work.
    The atmosphere is hardworking but there is also fun when we can afford the time for it.
    As an intern everyone I spoke with was invested in my own growth and helpful in any way they could be.
    Management works extremely hard on everything from their everyday tasks to big-picture plans

Cons

While everyone I worked with directly was wonderful, there are clicks that form. However that is the case with any large group and overall people are lovely.

Why is Contech constantly hiring a cost accountant? What is the problem???

Current Employee - Cost Accountant  in  West Chester, OH
    Current Employee - Cost Accountant in West Chester, OH

I have been working at Contech Engineered Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Looking for an answer before considering a career there.

Cons

Obviously high employee turnover - I am wondering why?

I am afraid to take a position there because of the constant turnover

There are newer employer reviews for Contech Engineered Solutions.

Worked for Contech Engineered Solutions? Contribute to the Community!