Contiki

www.contiki.com
  www.contiki.com
There are newer employer reviews for Contiki

Contiki may be a fun vacation; work here at your own risk.

Former Employee - Web in Anaheim, CA
Former Employee - Web in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Contiki

Pros

Great co-workers, top notch HR department, casual dress work enviornment

Cons

Lack of imagination, creativity, poor management, extremely high employee turn-over.

Be more in tuned with your employees and sincerely care about employees' growth and advancement. The new Director of this department managed to turn around an entire team within 5 months because of unsatisfied employees, but yet she is still there. This proves how much Senior Management sincerely cares about their employees. The Director failed to provide guidance, long term goals, and direction to the department and is merely a do'er, not a manager. Planning is non-existent and works only on an ad-hoc basis.

8 Other Employee Reviews for Contiki (View Most Recent)

Work hard, don't expect an easy ride and you'll have a great time.

Former Employee - Driver in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Driver in London, England (UK)

I worked at Contiki as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Brilliant people, very supportive supervisors. New well maintained coaches and excellent mentoring system. You meet some good people from all over the world.

Cons

Away from home a lot, but that's to be expected in this job. On occasion you will have to deal with drunk people.
    Coach cleanliness is very important to them and you will spend hours cleaning your coach.
    Training Trip is intense and trainers shout and treat you like children.

HOLIDAY REP AT CONTIKI - NEVER NEVER WORK HERE!!!! CONTIKI HOLIDAY MANAGERS ARE A NASTY PIECE OF WORK!

Former Employee - Holiday Representative
    Former Employee - Holiday Representative

I worked at Contiki as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

NONE. There are absolutely no pros to working here. As a Rep, I would expect to interact with the guests and get to join in some of the fun. It's practically slave labour - getting paid £5 an hour to clean dirty huts and wash dishes in the heat. I was treated disgustingly by this company and don't wish this kind of treatment upon anyone.

Cons

I was a Rep for contiki in 2012. The company treats you like absolute rubbish. I was told I would be sent to a lovely onsite team in the French Riveria where I would get to work behind the bar and party with the guests. Yes it wasn't meant to be a career it was a summer job for a University graduate. It was aboslutely horrendous. The bar already had their own staff so I was made to cook and clean every day. Cleaning dirty little huts that Contiki holidaymakers have slept and shagged in, picking up toenails and trying to make it look 'presentable' for them. My Contiki Manager treated me horribly - I was paid £5 an hour to clean huts for 8 hours. If I didnt clean them to my managers standard, she would make me go back and do it again. I was expected to cook for 250 people - I could barely cook for myself let alone 250 people - and I was given a few days to 'learn the recipies off by heart'. When I didn't grasp them all, I was told I was too slow and that the manager's boss in London who had hired me was going to be called. I was then FIRED - because it took me over a week (heaven forbid!!) to get to grips with a job that was always changing. I was also told I was being unprofessional when I chatted to some of the partygoers because it made Contiki look bad. NEVER WORK HERE!!! Especially if you want a fun holiday Rep job. I got leave the compound once in two weeks - for a few hours. I felt like I had been in a prison!! If you want rubbish pay and to be treated like crap then by all means work here....

Sort out your Onsite Managers. They treat their Reps rubbish. Also, making someone clean huts for 8 hours a day should be called a 'cleaning job'. Do NOT advertise this a 'Rep' job, because it's not.

There are newer employer reviews for Contiki