Contiki

www.contiki.com

Contiki may be a fun vacation; work here at your own risk.

Former Employee - Web  in  Anaheim, CA
Former Employee - Web in Anaheim, CA

Pros

Great co-workers, top notch HR department, casual dress work enviornment

Cons

Lack of imagination, creativity, poor management, extremely high employee turn-over.

Be more in tuned with your employees and sincerely care about employees' growth and advancement. The new Director of this department managed to turn around an entire team within 5 months because of unsatisfied employees, but yet she is still there. This proves how much Senior Management sincerely cares about their employees. The Director failed to provide guidance, long term goals, and direction to the department and is merely a do'er, not a manager. Planning is non-existent and works only on an ad-hoc basis.

Other reviews for Contiki

Agree - Work at your own risk

Current Employee - Tour Manager  in  Anaheim, CA
    Current Employee - Tour Manager in Anaheim, CA

Pros

Great opportunities to travel and experience the world, Met really nice people from around the world, Can make a lot of money if you are a good Tour Manager

Cons

Disrespect towards employees personal life, Extreme disregard for personal safety of Tour Managers, Underqualified and distracted management (little interest in running a "great" company, as much as just getting the job done)

Develop your good employees and listen to employee feedback, as tour managers are the representatives on the road. Contiki would prefer to have bad Tour Managers whose poor work performance endangers other staffmembers, poorly represents the company to vendors and staff then to develop strong employees because stronger employees are a greater threat to management. Take complaints seriously instead of blowing them off and endangering your employees and clients personal safety and health.

HOLIDAY REP AT CONTIKI - NEVER NEVER WORK HERE!!!! CONTIKI HOLIDAY MANAGERS ARE A NASTY PIECE OF WORK!

Former Employee - Holiday Representative
    Former Employee - Holiday Representative

Pros

NONE. There are absolutely no pros to working here. As a Rep, I would expect to interact with the guests and get to join in some of the fun. It's practically slave labour - getting paid £5 an hour to clean dirty huts and wash dishes in the heat. I was treated disgustingly by this company and don't wish this kind of treatment upon anyone.

Cons

I was a Rep for contiki in 2012. The company treats you like absolute rubbish. I was told I would be sent to a lovely onsite team in the French Riveria where I would get to work behind the bar and party with the guests. Yes it wasn't meant to be a career it was a summer job for a University graduate. It was aboslutely horrendous. The bar already had their own staff so I was made to cook and clean every day. Cleaning dirty little huts that Contiki holidaymakers have slept and shagged in, picking up toenails and trying to make it look 'presentable' for them. My Contiki Manager treated me horribly - I was paid £5 an hour to clean huts for 8 hours. If I didnt clean them to my managers standard, she would make me go back and do it again. I was expected to cook for 250 people - I could barely cook for myself let alone 250 people - and I was given a few days to 'learn the recipies off by heart'. When I didn't grasp them all, I was told I was too slow and that the manager's boss in London who had hired me was going to be called. I was then FIRED - because it took me over a week (heaven forbid!!) to get to grips with a job that was always changing. I was also told I was being unprofessional when I chatted to some of the partygoers because it made Contiki look bad. NEVER WORK HERE!!! Especially if you want a fun holiday Rep job. I got leave the compound once in two weeks - for a few hours. I felt like I had been in a prison!! If you want rubbish pay and to be treated like crap then by all means work here....

Sort out your Onsite Managers. They treat their Reps rubbish. Also, making someone clean huts for 8 hours a day should be called a 'cleaning job'. Do NOT advertise this a 'Rep' job, because it's not.

There are newer employer reviews for Contiki.

Worked for Contiki? Contribute to the Community!