There are newer employer reviews for Continental Airlines

Continental Airlines is a great place to work!

Current Employee - Customer Care Manager  in  Houston, TX
Current Employee - Customer Care Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Continental Airlines

Pros

Flexibility is the best reason to work for Continental Airlines

Cons

Pay isn't the greatest because of 9/11. But it is getting better

Keep doing the job you are doing

197 Other Employee Reviews for Continental Airlines (View Most Recent)

Listen.

Current Employee - Supervisor  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Houston, TX

I have been working at Continental Airlines

Pros

You just can't get the jet fuel out of your blood. Out of all the big 5 airlines, Continental is the best, but has a ways to go to be equatible to middle management.

Cons

Over 10 years since a pay increase, in fact it has decreased. Benefits are starting to disappear, and the Dignity is certainly on the downside. I don't think our executives listen to employees ideas anymore. They have their own ideas and be damned the employees ideas.

Listen to the ideas given by employees. In our cabin since we are steadfast on the checked bag policy we must figure out something about pillows and blankets.
    The ideal would be to eliminate these special charges and separate ourselves from the rest of the pack. We are losing bookings to Southwest due to this in markets we compete. People are actually OK with making stops and changes of planes to keep from paying added fees. It creates ill will with our passengers and on full flights our passengers are fighting each other for overhead space.

A great place to work if you are interested in flight benefits.

Former Employee - Manager Technology  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Manager Technology in Houston, TX

I worked at Continental Airlines

Pros

Flight benefits are great if you can get on a flight and not bothered by standby. CO also offers benefits to domestic partners.

Cons

Low pay versus similar jobs on the market and there is little opportunity for career advancement

Senior management should be required to take more courses on leadership and mentoring. Many in senior management roles have the work skills but not the people skills.

There are newer employer reviews for Continental Airlines

Worked for Continental Airlines? Contribute to the Community!