Continental Airlines
www.united.com Chicago, IL 5000+ Employees

Pilot, Captain flying large commercial passenger aircraft throughout the world.

Airplane Pilot Or Copilot (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

I worked at Continental Airlines full-time for more than 10 years

ProsExcellent pay and benefits. More days off than most jobs. Prestigious job that garners respect from virtually everyone in your community, whether blue or white collar workers. Probably one of the best jobs a man or woman could hope to get. That is, if they enjoy and can handle the frequent challenges that are associated with flying large passenger jet aircraft.

ConsLots of travel, (about 50%), so when at work you are out of town and often out of the country. When you are 'junior" on the seniority list, then you have to settle for schedules that may not allow you to be home as often as you would like, or be available to attend some important family events or holiday gatherings.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis company is expertly managed in all areas. I have no complaints or suggestions for improvement.

I was an avionics technician

Avionics Technician (Former Employee)
Orlando, FL

I worked at Continental Airlines full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: There were lots of opportunities for overtime work and they… Cons: They merged with American Airlines and had to make some… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Experience in Continental Airlines, Inc.

International Flight Attendant (Former Employee)
Newark, NJ

I worked at Continental Airlines full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: When Gordon Bethune was the CEO it was truly the… Cons: Now that it merged with United it no longer is… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Continental Airlines.

Worked for Continental Airlines? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Continental Airlines reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Continental Airlines CEO Jeffery A. Smisek. All reviews posted anonymously by Continental Airlines employees.