There are newer employer reviews for Continental

Adding back my review since first review was deleted

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Deer Park, IL
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Deer Park, IL

I have been working at Continental full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

- Fast Paced - never bored - 401K match is good - Overall benefits are decent - HSA account and FSA accounts

Cons

- Everything is driven from Germany down. - Monthly pay. Same as germany. - High Stress - Reduced benefits for 2013 (Higher deductible / higher Coinsurance) - Below average pay compared to related industries (Unless you work in Germany) - No awareness to local customs / traditions (ie monthly pay versus bi-weekly pay)

Advice to Management

Continental is a worldwide corporation not just a German company. Be more flexible to local customs and traditions. This company tends to use only German suppliers and solutions for almost everything regardless if a non German company does it cheaper or better. Also Continental has a practice of relocating workers from foreign countries (Mexico, Brazil, etc...) to the facilities in the USA. In most cases this is a permanent relocation (permanent residence card) not temporary assignment. I don't believe most people would raise an eyebrow if the economy was strong but given that Continental is filling this high skilled, typical good paying jobs with foreign nationals is cause for concern in a bad economy. I've personally know 8 people in the last 4 years that have been relocated to the US from Mexico to fill engineering, finance, and supply chain positions. I find it hard to believe Continental was unable to find qualified Americans to fill those jobs which makes this all the more concerning.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Use to be a great place to work.

Current Employee - Industrial Electronics Technician, in Mount Vernon, IL
    Current Employee - Industrial Electronics Technician, in Mount Vernon, IL

I have been working at Continental full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pays well for the area as long as it is close and work conditions are not considered.

Cons

Does not pay as well for a larger area especially for the conditions.

Advice to Management

Stop worrying about keeping the new people that are only going to be there for a little while anyway. Start worrying about the keeping the people that are going to stay for awhile and give them hope that some day they will not have to worry about being on Weekends or Rotating Shifts.

2. I would under no circumstances recommend this company.

Current Employee - Customer Interface Manager in Auburn Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Customer Interface Manager in Auburn Hills, MI

I have been working at Continental full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Local Nice work location Geographically convenient for travel Safe work environment Clean surroundings

Cons

Lack of organization Lack of competent leadership Bias toward German employees