There are newer employer reviews for Continental

fine experience

Current Employee - Software Developer I in Timişoara (Romania)
Current Employee - Software Developer I in Timişoara (Romania)

I have been working at Continental full-time (less than a year)

Pros

they offer a nice salary and also a good work life balance with a calm people that do their best to improve themselves and also to offer better producsts

Cons

team could be better but anyway you can work in a peaceful environment and managers could listen more the lower level but it works anyway

none

reviews filtered by
  1. Screwed My career by Trusting them

Former Contractor - Senior Engineer in Singapore (Singapore)
    Former Contractor - Senior Engineer in Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at Continental as a contractor

Pros

You will get free diner and taxi fare if you stay late, as most of manager will have dinner in office so you can also join them.

Cons

- Poor Management, Micro management, Manager will stab on your back.
    - Trusted them and joined them leaving one of the Biggest software Services MNC, Now regimenting why I made such a bad decision to join them. They offered me consultant role for 1 year + extension, within 6 month, asked me to go as company was not doing good, and they are planning to minimize BU operation, guss what? Hire more people and finish work.
    - If Management cannot foresee whats there for next 6 months, then what kind of management it is. Giving excuses that cannot sustain consultants, and we are taking out all the consultants.

- They just want work done, once used throw the resource, Hiring 100+ engineers for 2 years, then you can imagine their plans.

- It is good for people who are from very small company, not for people from big MNC.
    - Anyone working in Big MNC in india, beware of their traps. Once you are here, your career finished.
    - Consultants are not allowed in Team Outing,

- Stop hiring stupid managers, find real managers who can manage and take responsibility.
    Because of these managers you Infotainment & Connectivity (IC - division) BU , is ramping down in singapore

2. Learn and get out - Guarulhos, Brazil

Current Intern - Validation Engineer in Guarulhos (Brazil)
    Current Intern - Validation Engineer in Guarulhos (Brazil)

I have been working at Continental as an intern (more than a year)

Pros

Lots of knowledge
    High tech company

Cons

People are evil and selfish - this is caused by the internal policy
    Lots of bureaucracy - the company lacks agility and does not innovate
    Research is only done in Germany
    Germans are favored over brazilians with german descent, and brazilians with german descent are favored over other brazilians.
    Low salaries
    Bad benefits
    Bad food in the restaurant - many people get food infection
    Most interns are not upgraded to full time employees - the interns who do, are boot1ickers
    Germany does not cares about Brazil - even though we make a lot of money for them
    Guarulhos is an extremely polluted city - nobody likes to work in a city full of truck smoke

Dont stop your employees growth just because they are better than you, learn from them instead.
    Try to remove obstacles and bureaucracy, not increase them. Thats why it gets increasingly harder to do simple activities.

There are newer employer reviews for Continental