Continuum Pediatric Nursing

pediatric home health care

Current Employee - Registered Nurse/Home Health Nurse in Virginia Beach, VA
Current Employee - Registered Nurse/Home Health Nurse in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at Continuum Pediatric Nursing

Pros

the schedule is pretty flexible, the office staff is nice and helpful and easy to get in contact with even after office hours

Cons

low pay, lack of benefits, not enough hours, doesn't allow overtime, no bonus, no raises, not much room for advancements at all

Advice to Management

performance evaluations should be done and there should be some sort of reward (bonus, raise, ect) for nurses who are hard working. more training is also needed for the nursing staff

reviews filtered by
  1. Great scheduling flexibility

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Rolling Meadows, IL
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Rolling Meadows, IL

I worked at Continuum Pediatric Nursing

Pros

You tell them when you are available to work, and they will try to accommodate. I had a difficult time finding a job right out of nursing school, but Continuum afforded me the opportunity to increase my clinical skills and experience. Lots of hours available to you, if you want them.

Cons

Not a lot of training. One class at the main office, then one training session with the patient and you are officially on your own, which can be very nerve wracking if you are unsure of your clinical skills. Paper charting, and not well trained in what they expect from paper charting. Communication with main office isn't the best. Lots of time I received no response from phone calls or emails, until they needed to contact me. If you let them overwork you, then they will. At first no health benefits, now the bare minimum health benefits so you don't get penalized during tax time. Low ball their nurses on starting wages.

Advice to Management

Look into benefits packages for employees that are 36+ hours. Try to increase communication. If you cannot get back to your nurses in a timely manner, then delegate the communication to someone else in the office.

2. Typical Home Health Care Agency

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Fairfax, VA

I worked at Continuum Pediatric Nursing part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Flexibility. Office staff is professional. Screening process for nurse competency is to a higher standard than most other agencies

Cons

pay is flat rate, poor benefits, no PTO (for nurses). Hiring process is a bit tedious, company requires a full physical exam done at your expense and not reimbursed.

Advice to Management

Like with most HHC agencies, the good field nurses are underappreciated and undervalued. BIG PROBLEM: every nurse gets the same pay rate regardless of performance. There are some really sloppy and lazy nurses who do the BARE MINIMUM and it shows. The rest of the nurses have to pick up slack. It's seems that management only cares that a warm body shows up for the shift. It's as if all we are is a guarantee that the company will receive the reimbursement revenue for the shifts. No matter how conscientious the nurse, how dependable she is or how satisfied the client is with her, there's just no reward or incentives to keep up the good work ethic. performance evaluations should be given and pay raises should be based on a merit system. The ONLY reason some of us hang in there as long as we do is because of our dear patients and families. Sometimes it's because of the schedule flexibility The agencies know this and take total advantage of us. Nurses eventually get fed up, and first chance they get they quit--it's a shame. Home Health Care agencies better WAKE UP! and start holding the field nurses in higher regard.

There are newer employer reviews for Continuum Pediatric Nursing