There are newer employer reviews for Convene

Everyone Should Work for Convene!!!

Current Employee - Production Specialist in New York, NY
Current Employee - Production Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at Convene full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-I am encouraged to develop and be better every day. -I believe in the products and services we provide. -There are no limits to what you can accomplish. -I make an impact on clients, co-workers, and the industry. -It is an organization made up of people who actually live out the core values.

Cons

-We are a growing comapny and we wear many hats everyday.

Advice to Management

-Don't grow to fast and loose sight of the basics of why you started Convene.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Will lay workers off without giving them a chance to show talent

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Convene

Pros

Some people are very friendly and helpful. The founders have a great vision and the company has potential if ran well.

Cons

They will lay you off without any indication - in fact, they will notify you after you leave work for the day. Also, this company is a start up with delinquency issues and its financial head is a disaster. They have been having "corporate restructurings" every so often. The accounting dept is ran as if the company were a mom and pop shop. There was no training whatsoever.

Advice to Management

Management needs to re-evaluate its talent. The company has excellent potential as a start up but when certain people don't take their jobs seriously, it can be a real drag.

Breaking Social Stigmas about Interns

Former Intern - Strategy, Research and Design in New York, NY
    Former Intern - Strategy, Research and Design in New York, NY

I worked at Convene as an intern

Pros

I loved it here at convene. I wish my internship became a part time/full time job. It was such an amazing learning experience. As an intern, so social stigma is that you have to run errands, or grab coffee. At convene, it's the total opposite. You get to meet all the other employees, you are given major projects that would normally be given to a full timer, you actually get time to meet with all VP's, the CEO and the Founder. This isn't your average internship, this is legit, it's paid and it's fun!

Cons

Short internship program Quick ending notice

Advice to Management

Maybe a little heads up as to when it was gonna end. All the other interns ended a little earlier so this made me think that maybe it was going to be a little longer!