There are newer employer reviews for Convergys

“Back Stabbers. Don't waste your career”

Current Employee - TSR in Lake Mary, FL
Current Employee - TSR in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at Convergys full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

None None None None None

Cons

For over 9 and 1/2 years and after earning several customer service awards, every time I asked my team leaders how my job performance was, I was always given a thumbs up, and they stated that all my statistics were within specs.

The stressful conditions that were placed on employees were unbearable at times. People were fired for every type of statistic; from sales to high talk times. On this account, talk time counted as 35% of your grade and anything over this time was an automatic failure and termination was always threatened. The bottom 1/3 of people were automatically written up and could be fired, even though we had forced overtime and forced extra work days, if people were exhausted and stated that forced overtime was against labor laws, they were written up and and could be fired.

We had no customer information on over 70% of calls, which all would result in longer call times and automatic failed grades, and again people were terminated due to it.

I would complain about the no information calls and about the software crashes, and the constant pushing and pushing which I knew would result in the longer call times and I was told that "It was always something with me" but nothing was done to correct the problems and I would see fewer and fewer people on the floor.

After a while, the emotional duress of all these factors takes its tolls on employees, and I have seen over 100 people leave just this account, which is over 100% turnover. I always wanted to do my job to the best of my ability. I gave over 110%.

"Stop the Back Stabbing"

reviews filtered by
  1. Fantastic college job!

Current Employee - CAE in Logan, UT
    Current Employee - CAE in Logan, UT

I have been working at Convergys full-time (less than a year)

Pros

flexible schedule, good pay, great coworkers

Cons

management can be very irritating with conflicting agendas, moving up can be tough unless you're in the top 10% and the tuition assistance could be better.

We could use a better 401 match or better incentives with our current client.

Lets people go from employment from made up rules that aren't even policies.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Arnold, MO
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Arnold, MO

I worked at Convergys full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Benefits that all the company is good for employees is Benefits, thats how they get you in the door.

Cons

Team Leader makes us ask five questions that is mandatory which is not even a policy of the company and letting people go for it, who have been great employees.
    Don't hit the sales goals, watch your back because your next to be let go
    Has hiring classes all the time, which means your time is coming up to leave
    Horrible work hours

Don't make up random rules and fire worthy human beings who do hard work, so the company can make their money

There are newer employer reviews for Convergys