Convergys

www.convergys.com
  www.convergys.com
There are newer employer reviews for Convergys

“Back Stabbers. Don't waste your career”

Current Employee - TSR in Lake Mary, FL
Current Employee - TSR in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at Convergys full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

None None None None None

Cons

For over 9 and 1/2 years and after earning several customer service awards, every time I asked my team leaders how my job performance was, I was always given a thumbs up, and they stated that all my statistics were within specs.

The stressful conditions that were placed on employees were unbearable at times. People were fired for every type of statistic; from sales to high talk times. On this account, talk time counted as 35% of your grade and anything over this time was an automatic failure and termination was always threatened. The bottom 1/3 of people were automatically written up and could be fired, even though we had forced overtime and forced extra work days, if people were exhausted and stated that forced overtime was against labor laws, they were written up and and could be fired.

We had no customer information on over 70% of calls, which all would result in longer call times and automatic failed grades, and again people were terminated due to it.

I would complain about the no information calls and about the software crashes, and the constant pushing and pushing which I knew would result in the longer call times and I was told that "It was always something with me" but nothing was done to correct the problems and I would see fewer and fewer people on the floor.

After a while, the emotional duress of all these factors takes its tolls on employees, and I have seen over 100 people leave just this account, which is over 100% turnover. I always wanted to do my job to the best of my ability. I gave over 110%.

"Stop the Back Stabbing"

1498 Other Employee Reviews for Convergys (View Most Recent)

Low pay for a lot of work

Current Employee - Work From Home Agent in Wilmington, NC
    Current Employee - Work From Home Agent in Wilmington, NC

I have been working at Convergys full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Employee discounts are just awesome. You can get some pretty deep discounts with the Convergys employee discount website.

Cons

You will never make more than $10.50 an hour. There is health coverage but who can afford it making 9.00 an hour? Management is lacking and it's a shame because this company could really set the standard for working at home. They need to really consider the fact that what makes employees do a great job is great pay.

raise the salary, and stop making people work 9 days with only one day off, if you want to keep good people

A place where the company doesn't care about you.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Ogden, UT
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Ogden, UT

I have been working at Convergys full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good base pay, Good benefits, and at times you get to talk to some good people on the phone.

Cons

Crappy schedule, Tight whip like control over the employees and very high churn rate on employee

There are newer employer reviews for Convergys