There are newer employer reviews for Convergys

Good Experience, Too Little Compensation

Current Employee - Customer Service and Problem Resolution Representative II in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Convergys full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Opportunities to learn, lots of training.

Cons

No raises, high turnover rate, bad work environment.

Start giving people raises to retain employees instead of constantly replacing employees & having to retain work staff.

reviews filtered by
  1. Overall, a good experience

Current Employee - Team Leader in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Convergys full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Different opportunities for different skill sets. Lots of people at all levels interested in what motivates you and look to help you get better. Working harder to get everyone on the same page so that everyone is treated fairly.

Cons

Growing pains are difficult to work through, but it's better then the alternative (reducing employees).

Too much ego leads to not enough work getting done

2. Terrible

Current Employee - Android Tech in Arnold, MO
    Current Employee - Android Tech in Arnold, MO

I have been working at Convergys full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Pros? Maybe one. I guess the paid training is nice. You get to sit in a classroom for a while and learn about things.

Cons

Oh, the scheduling is ridiculous. You want to take pto? Good luck with that one. I mean, it's something that you do earn, and they hire for new classes all of the time, but if you need it because you feel sick that day and still tried to come into work, hah. Sure, there's a point system, but it's probably the most ridiculous thing ever. Oh, you're new to the floor? Have fun working until midnight every shift until the end of time. Unless you suck up to team leaders and such, you're screwed. Even if you are proficient at your job, the stupid quality people will still give you horrendous scores because the quality team is in India and we're in US. And the TL's....hiring from within might be good, but find people who are professional. It's ridiculous that I can hear a rep getting reamed while I'm on the phones with the customers.

I think that maybe if there was more incentives, people would perform better. Honestly, the attendance policy seems good at first, but when sitting in such close quarters with many people, some who don't know what proper hygiene is, you get sick. That definitely rose my points up the ladder, but sorry that being there, dealing with jerks all day, isn't worth it, especially when sick.

There are newer employer reviews for Convergys