Convergys

www.convergys.com

It was great...at first.

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician  in  Tucson, AZ
Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Tucson, AZ

Pros

Trainer was knowledgeable, very patient, understanding, and full of life, pay was decent.

Cons

Attendance policy, training material is very boring, no real hands on until week two. Quit firing people before they even hit the production floor! Life gets in the way and there are things you can't control; like some guy being a jerk and blocking you from getting out of your parking space to the point where you have to call the police and arrive late at work 7 minutes after you're scheduled shift and when you're sick and can barely get out of bed. It's absurd how they run the attendance policy for training. it's not fair and you will get fired even when you think you're safe. Don't be late and don't call in sick during training. You will lose your job and have to find an alternate means of paying your rent and your bills. Just a forewarning!

Change your policies! Your attendance policy is absurd and the way you fire people should be illegal. Thanks for proving to all who work for you how much they AREN'T valued as individuals and how you LOVE numbers that can be replaced!

Other reviews for Convergys

Don't think so

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Pros

work from home only pro

Cons

Disaster from the get go...poor training, if you call watching a slide show via "Live Meeting" training.
    No support whatsoever once in production other than waiting in que for floor support chat..

Liked my immediate team, but upper management was detached and did not seem to care about employees

Former Employee - Editor  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Editor in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

Learning and Development team while I was there was great. Convergys had acquired us from a smaller company. I really enjoyed the people I worked with and the fact that we had a whole team of editors. My immediate supervisor and her supervisor were wonderful and supportive.

Cons

Very traditional company, not willing to look at more progressive (i.e., flexible) ways of dealing with employees' work situations, schedules, etc. Pay was just okay, and the process for annual reviews and salary increases wasn't great. Overall, the most negative thing is that upper management did not seem to care at ALL about individual employees -- I always got the sense that they were trying to GET as much as possible from employees and GIVE them as little as possible in return.

Become more progressive and open to employee work situations. Offer some (tangible) recognition once in a while -- not just an email from the CEO every December wishing employees a happy holiday season.

There are newer employer reviews for Convergys.

Worked for Convergys? Contribute to the Community!