There are newer employer reviews for Convergys

Nice Decent Place to Work

I worked at Convergys full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexibility with hours and working around school schedules, good benefits after 90 days employment, and the work is not hard

Cons

Pay, Open 24/7, Lack of Advancement Opportunities

Get more input from the employees

1390 Other Employee Reviews for Convergys (View Most Recent)

a horrible company

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Convergys full-time (less than an year)

Pros

pto, is the only pro

Cons

The fact that selling is a part of the job was never disclosed in the interview and I never would have accepted the job. I did not find out until almost the end of training we had to sell and had quotas to make. The descrption of the job I was sent never mentioned any selling. Cannot make it out of transition if sales quota is not a certain percentage. A "tool" called Ad Lite made no sense and was too much trouble to use and you could be written up for not using it, as well as being written up for not meeting sales quotas. Schedule's are ridiculous, and attendance policy is terrible. Does not pay enough for all the tasks that are required especially the selling part. Training is terrible and is too short of a duration, Its hard to learn something that is difficult in a 20 min so called traing class, that being said is bundles. Ace is the customer service dept, more like I do EVERYTHING department, whats the point of have tech support, equipment and bundles dept if ACE still has do EVERYTHING!

Pay employees more money, make it known in interview if selling is required , change training, get rid of Ad Lite, it just slows the employees down. Get rid of Ace or just make it a customer service/billing dept, not having to order equipment, tech support, etc.

Very disorganized - lack of strategy in the technology world.

Former Employee - Sales Engineer in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Engineer in Dallas, TX

I worked at Convergys full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Some flexibility with work schedule

Cons

Negative environment - resources were sent overseas & difficult to work with & communicate due to language barrier & lack of experience with North America customer requirements. The Call Center groups run this company.

Focus on the people - the mass exodus from the company is overwhelming.

There are newer employer reviews for Convergys