Convergys

www.convergys.com
  www.convergys.com
There are newer employer reviews for Convergys

Although laid off (part of a profit-improvement program) 8 years ago in 2004, I was treated fairly.

Former Employee - Production Control Assistant in Itasca, IL
Former Employee - Production Control Assistant in Itasca, IL

I worked at Convergys full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Generally, everyone on the teams seemed to get along well. Management somewhat tried to keep us informed of the sea-changes in our cellphone-bill-processing industry (particularly with the rise of competitor Amdocs). After the closing of the Itasca, IL, office more than 300 of us former (and some current) CVG employees stay in touch via an internet network and get together for reunions......Good cameraderie!.

Cons

Nothing significant to complain about (except that most of our cellular bill processing went away.

The same as I think any management team should do: At least once/quaarter, everyone from the CEO on down should do the job of his/her LOWEST direct report. This would give him/her a better idea of what the support staff does to help his/her job....and the obstacles they encounter.

1459 Other Employee Reviews for Convergys (View Most Recent)

Decent Job

I worked at Convergys

Pros

Helping customers
    Good training for any job working in customer service

Cons

felt like a number
    could not anticipate what days would be off work, could not plan out of work activites until schedual was built

more involvement with employees on a daily basis

My site location was closed down due to client not renewing.

Former Employee - HR Manager in Baton Rouge, LA
    Former Employee - HR Manager in Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at Convergys full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great management team, training, and cohesiveness within HR. Salary was good.

Cons

Don't feel CVG fought to get more business in our location. Annual reviews sucked. Executive management wanted to keep all the money form themselves.

More communication is great. Listen more to onsite teams. Will help in getting things done the first time around. Executive Team could react to issues reported earlier.

There are newer employer reviews for Convergys