There are newer employer reviews for Convergys

Although laid off (part of a profit-improvement program) 8 years ago in 2004, I was treated fairly.

Former Employee - Production Control Assistant in Itasca, IL
Former Employee - Production Control Assistant in Itasca, IL

I worked at Convergys full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Generally, everyone on the teams seemed to get along well. Management somewhat tried to keep us informed of the sea-changes in our cellphone-bill-processing industry (particularly with the rise of competitor Amdocs). After the closing of the Itasca, IL, office more than 300 of us former (and some current) CVG employees stay in touch via an internet network and get together for reunions......Good cameraderie!.

Cons

Nothing significant to complain about (except that most of our cellular bill processing went away.

Advice to Management

The same as I think any management team should do: At least once/quaarter, everyone from the CEO on down should do the job of his/her LOWEST direct report. This would give him/her a better idea of what the support staff does to help his/her job....and the obstacles they encounter.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Nice Decent Place to Work

I worked at Convergys full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexibility with hours and working around school schedules, good benefits after 90 days employment, and the work is not hard

Cons

Pay, Open 24/7, Lack of Advancement Opportunities

Advice to Management

Get more input from the employees

Some issues, just like any company, but a great place overall

Former Employee - Customer Service and Problem Resolution Representative II in Stratford, OK

I worked at Convergys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work At Home, flexible schedules (trades, give-aways, vacation time, and sick days), team chats give instant access to supervisor, team members, and other help.

Cons

Schedule can vary widely from your hired schedule, if there is a shift bid. Sometimes people are shifted back and forth between projects if the needs change, but at least they're not fired.

Advice to Management

A bit more oversight of supervisors, maybe distribute their workload a bit more, so that some of them aren't so overwhelmed.