Convergys

www.convergys.com
  www.convergys.com
There are newer employer reviews for Convergys

The people are what make this job worth it

Current Employee - Associate Trainer in Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Associate Trainer in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Convergys full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

My coworkers, managers and site leaders are very good to work with. Convergys has given me the chance to develop and be promoted. I know that the people I work with really care about me as a person.

Cons

The money is not up to most industry standards. My base pay is not increasing as quickly as my insurance premiums so I make less and less money every year.

Make health care affordable.

1460 Other Employee Reviews for Convergys (View Most Recent)

It's a job.

I worked at Convergys

Pros

Always had hours. Was an easy job.

Cons

Raises were insultingly low (usually around .05 per hour... I went from $8.00 to $8.27 after three years... pff... keep it)

Keep a closer eye on your lowest-level supervisors. They screw off more than their subordinates do.

Although laid off (part of a profit-improvement program) 8 years ago in 2004, I was treated fairly.

Former Employee - Production Control Assistant in Itasca, IL
    Former Employee - Production Control Assistant in Itasca, IL

I worked at Convergys full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Generally, everyone on the teams seemed to get along well. Management somewhat tried to keep us informed of the sea-changes in our cellphone-bill-processing industry (particularly with the rise of competitor Amdocs). After the closing of the Itasca, IL, office more than 300 of us former (and some current) CVG employees stay in touch via an internet network and get together for reunions......Good cameraderie!.

Cons

Nothing significant to complain about (except that most of our cellular bill processing went away.

The same as I think any management team should do: At least once/quaarter, everyone from the CEO on down should do the job of his/her LOWEST direct report. This would give him/her a better idea of what the support staff does to help his/her job....and the obstacles they encounter.

There are newer employer reviews for Convergys