Convergys

www.convergys.com

Where do I start?

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Appleton, WI

ProsGREAT training systems (has some flwas), The 2 trainers I had were great people and I could not have asked for any other people to have been trained by.

ConsI am a call center rep at convergys for AT&T, I have to run many programs at one time. I have to sell uverse tv, HSIA,, and voice. I also sell telco, DSL, DirecTV, there are also a handfull of billing programsyouhave to use.
You need to know these programs like the back ofyour hand in order todo your job in a timely matter, you have to createnotes which youhave to do while you are the call, you can not make the notes after your callhas eneded because once you disconnect from the customer another customer beeps in. They say they giveyou 15 seconds between calls to put notes in but even if you do that they ask you why your phone is in ACW mode.
Very small work space
computer systems are slow
You don't really have a chance to get a raise other than the products you get commission off of
Worst of all is that you have so many different programsyouhave to be navigating at one time.
Bidding on yourschedule is just stupid, and your schedule is ver inconsistant.
Like I mentioned above the cubicles are very small, when your neihbor ison the phone you can almost hear their customer.
We are supposedtobe billing specialist but when a customer callsin to ask questions about their biill we have to try tosell them products or upgrade their services, which myselfand others in my class think is wrong.
The call center is small, stuffy and has an oder to it, almost like a bad body oder.
Ive worked in another call center and it was nothing like this, you have no room to stretch without bumping into the person youre sitting next to.
And also their systems have what they call "malfunctions", happens very often. You will constantly get instant messages asking "CRM problems?", VMWare Problems? That gets very old.
Although traing is great, what they try to teach you in the 6 weeks youre in training could easily be stretched to atleast 8-10 weeks so youhave time to get familiar with the 20 different programsyou need to know.

Doesn't pay enough and Management is Awful

I have been working at Convergys

Pros: Able to work with your full time college schedule, and there are people there… Cons: Although there are lots of people who deserve their jobs,… Advice to Senior Management: I would recommend a complete overhaul of all the management. Look… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

its ok

I have been working at Convergys full-time

Pros: -a step up from minimum wage -easy to get employed -fast employment… Cons: -bad hours -feeling replaceable -not having alot of power over what… Advice to Senior Management: listen to your employee's... the client isin't the only thing… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Convergys.

Worked for Convergys? Contribute to the Community!