Convergys

There are newer employer reviews for Convergys

It was so-so

Former Employee - Customer Sales & Service Representative in Cincinnati, OH
Former Employee - Customer Sales & Service Representative in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Convergys full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The employees and managers were fantastic! They were helpful, and willing to help you with all your needs and issues.

Cons

They did a survey with the employees about switching from the previous customer service friendly environment to a sales oriented format, and actually selling products. What was upsetting was they had 95% of the employees said no on the actual survey, but disregarded our opinions and followed through, because greed got the best of their judgement.

Why put out a survey, wanting our opinions, and then switching to sales when 95% of the employees did not want to go to sales. Its kind of a slap in the face to the employees saying to them, " Hey your opinion doesn't matter, but we want it anyways, just to appease you."

1557 Other Employee Reviews for Convergys (View Most Recent)

I am an employee and regret it.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Convergys full-time (less than a year)

Pros

They have a lot of overtime if you want it.

Cons

They do not listen to your scheduling preference. They write you up for NOT harassing customers who call in crying and needing to lower their bill due to a death in the family.I am quitting my job with them and they will not pay me for my last day worked! They say that they have no proof that I worked even though I spoke to my TL twice that day during work and clocked in. I know many other people from my team were experiencing the same issues and although we have plenty of PTO they will not approve it! They are a horrible employer!

Hire new TL's or change the procedures because the only resource we had was our TL who did nothing for us! When we were directed to HR b her they said they could not help and to speak to her!

Won't find a job like this anywhere else...

Current Employee - Welcome Call Advisor in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Welcome Call Advisor in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Convergys full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Mostly, great people to work with. Fantastic benefits! Room for upward mobility (and fast upward mobility!) Great pay

Cons

Little to no flexibility with the hours, the training is great but there needs to be more training of the trainers. Your not ready to teach someone after a week or two of classes on the subject. I said "mostly" great people to work with, there's alot of pettiness, even with some of the middle management.

Can't really think of any, I'm pretty sure I'm looking at these same times of situations in all call centers.

There are newer employer reviews for Convergys