There are newer employer reviews for Convergys

It was so-so

Former Employee - Customer Sales & Service Representative in Cincinnati, OH
Former Employee - Customer Sales & Service Representative in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Convergys full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The employees and managers were fantastic! They were helpful, and willing to help you with all your needs and issues.

Cons

They did a survey with the employees about switching from the previous customer service friendly environment to a sales oriented format, and actually selling products. What was upsetting was they had 95% of the employees said no on the actual survey, but disregarded our opinions and followed through, because greed got the best of their judgement.

Why put out a survey, wanting our opinions, and then switching to sales when 95% of the employees did not want to go to sales. Its kind of a slap in the face to the employees saying to them, " Hey your opinion doesn't matter, but we want it anyways, just to appease you."

1392 Other Employee Reviews for Convergys (View Most Recent)

Won't find a job like this anywhere else...

Current Employee - Welcome Call Advisor in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Welcome Call Advisor in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Convergys full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Mostly, great people to work with. Fantastic benefits! Room for upward mobility (and fast upward mobility!) Great pay

Cons

Little to no flexibility with the hours, the training is great but there needs to be more training of the trainers. Your not ready to teach someone after a week or two of classes on the subject. I said "mostly" great people to work with, there's alot of pettiness, even with some of the middle management.

Can't really think of any, I'm pretty sure I'm looking at these same times of situations in all call centers.

The experience I had with Convergys was tempestuous. Full of ups and downs.

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Arnold, MO
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Arnold, MO

I worked at Convergys full-time (more than an year)

Pros

At Convergys, you have the potential to learn a lot about customer service- if you choose to. They teach you about self control, self confidence, self awareness, reliability, accountability, and integrity. There is so much you can learn from this business to grow into a better communicator, employee and future leader.

Cons

With that said, it is a stepping stone. This Company was vital to my growth as an employee. They teach you about striving to better yourself and become management. They tell you how quickly you have the opportunity to move up within the company and how successful and permanent you can be. What they don't tell you --- is how quickly they will let you fall. The management staff is about as predictable as the call flow. That is to say one day they need you ..the next they decide they don't. Along with that, they treat many agents like a warm body in a chair. Management DOES pick favorites and with being a favorite you have perks. The key is learning that they are a business. The worst kind-- a third party. Learn everything you can from them.... but don't be tempted by their whispers of permanence and promotions. Use everything they teach you to learn and be molded into the perfect candidate for a business that truly offers a permanent position and values you.

My advice to upper management would be to be more proactive and less reactive. If you know something negative is headed your way that will affect your agents-- tell them in advance not at last minute. When that moment comes, don't provide a fake smile and try to feed everyone lollipops and gumdrops. The truth is some things suck.. you teach us empathy with the customer. You teach us to ready our tone and to mirror their speed and to meet their unrealized needs. What I advise to you is to listen to your teachings, to grow as the business has taught me to grow and to learn that the turn around rate you carry is not something to be expected. It is a misfortune. It lowers moral and says that something is being done wrong. There is a joke in those walls: Making it 1 year at Convergys is like making it 10 elsewhere.

There are newer employer reviews for Convergys