Convergys

www.convergys.com

Out for debate - Will I be the last Work at Home Student Standing?

Work At Home Agent (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsStill out for debate on this job for me. From an employee standpoint, certainly full-time, with benefits, work at home, with customers to solve problems on the cutting edge of technology is enticing. Have to admit, you offered me a good student pay, hours and benefits from the start. Now I am in what you call “production”, well, pay remains the same but your expectations have keyed up to a level that is approaching unbelievable at $9 per hour. If I did not admire my Team Leader as being one of the best - would have been long gone already.

ConsAfter 100 days with only 9 of our original 30 students still with the company, I really wonder if there is any real reason to stay other than my own stubbornness to achieve standing as one of the few fellow techs I have encountered thus far with over a year or tenure. I had heard talk of the high turnover, certainly high within the call center industry, but this is really bad – really bad and I am disappointed. Not my personal mission to solve, but you certainly have to see it. Sorry, the explanation during training just didn't’ satisfy my curiosity as to why but most importantly how to overcome.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay for performance can be a good motivator, but when you have positive personal comments versus a metrics system with hidden numbers ripe for failure I just gotta ask “What’s up with this? “ System tools are wonderful, but when they don’t work, they just don’t work and if I provide the necessary tools for work at my own expense, why am I always at fault or monetarily penalized when yours fail? And, finally, please do look at the ability for your agents to have intercompany email. This “chit-chat” stuff is counter productive when it’s full of questions that don’t require on the spot answers. I just want to make a higher hourly rate at what I am doing. It is enjoyable. Your “lots of opportunities to move up” answer is lame.

Hours are not stable

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Convergys full-time

Pros: Worked at home so thats always a plus Cons: too many cons to list More

Our company was ripe for purchase when Convergys bought us out and the only good thing I got was cash for my stocks.

Network Technician (Former Employee) Lake Mary, FL

I worked at Convergys full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: They offered really good health insurance choices with a lot of options. That being said… Cons: No raises were provided after we got bought out in 2008. Layoffs were abounding on a once every six month frequency. Middle management… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Convergys.

Worked for Convergys? Contribute to the Community!