There are newer employer reviews for Convergys

Out for debate - Will I be the last Work at Home Student Standing?

Current Employee - Work At Home Agent in New York, NY
Current Employee - Work At Home Agent in New York, NY

I have been working at Convergys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Still out for debate on this job for me. From an employee standpoint, certainly full-time, with benefits, work at home, with customers to solve problems on the cutting edge of technology is enticing. Have to admit, you offered me a good student pay, hours and benefits from the start. Now I am in what you call “production”, well, pay remains the same but your expectations have keyed up to a level that is approaching unbelievable at $9 per hour. If I did not admire my Team Leader as being one of the best - would have been long gone already.

Cons

After 100 days with only 9 of our original 30 students still with the company, I really wonder if there is any real reason to stay other than my own stubbornness to achieve standing as one of the few fellow techs I have encountered thus far with over a year or tenure. I had heard talk of the high turnover, certainly high within the call center industry, but this is really bad – really bad and I am disappointed. Not my personal mission to solve, but you certainly have to see it. Sorry, the explanation during training just didn't’ satisfy my curiosity as to why but most importantly how to overcome.

Advice to Management

Pay for performance can be a good motivator, but when you have positive personal comments versus a metrics system with hidden numbers ripe for failure I just gotta ask “What’s up with this? “ System tools are wonderful, but when they don’t work, they just don’t work and if I provide the necessary tools for work at my own expense, why am I always at fault or monetarily penalized when yours fail? And, finally, please do look at the ability for your agents to have intercompany email. This “chit-chat” stuff is counter productive when it’s full of questions that don’t require on the spot answers. I just want to make a higher hourly rate at what I am doing. It is enjoyable. Your “lots of opportunities to move up” answer is lame.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Lots of info in training

Former Employee - Sales& Service Agent in Pharr, TX
    Former Employee - Sales& Service Agent in Pharr, TX

I worked at Convergys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is great, and they give extra money for working on weekends and attendance.

Cons

The worst part was only having 30 minutes for lunch.

Advice to Management

More floor support need for new agents

Its up to you

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pharr, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pharr, TX

I have been working at Convergys full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great commission, a lot of OT, great people, good training, great benefits. A lot of opportunities.

Cons

Upper management has no idea how to treat their employees. I question how the managers got their position. They have no people skills and interrogate and intimated rather than lead and motivated. Most tl are ok but the operation managers just don't have management skills. They need to be trained on how to treat employees. They fire people left and right and they don't have the skills to change and motivate an agents performance. They think by holding accountability conversations that will change performance it does not work.

Advice to Management

Learn how to manage a business and how to treat your employee.