Convergys

www.convergys.com
  www.convergys.com
There are newer employer reviews for Convergys

Too Scripted

I have been working at Convergys full-time

Pros

Decent pay, optional overtime, Paid Time Off.

Cons

Very scripted, too much emphasis on sales rather than customer service.

Denied PERMANENT Consent should actually mean permanent, not "ask every time they call."

1498 Other Employee Reviews for Convergys (View Most Recent)

Interesting

Current Employee - Patient Care Advocate in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Patient Care Advocate in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Convergys full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Depending on the project that you work on the schedules are pretty decent.

Cons

The facility it self isn't well kept. Many sanitary issues. Sometimes seats are unavailable.

Work from Home selling UVerse: high pressure sales, some service, poor training.

Former Employee - Customer Sales & Service Representative in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Customer Sales & Service Representative in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Convergys full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Pay was always as scheduled.

Cons

I applied for Customer Service and right before the last phone interview, I receive a new email with a new Job Description. The recruiter said make an offer on every call. No problem, I'm thinking, I worked at McDonalds, you offer fries, that's normal I guess. But, in fact, you are a UVerse Sales person. Suddenly service isn't first. Then, you may 3 really good attempts, and still don't take no for an answer. This, is bait & switch. Pay is 9.00 per hr, you must maintain very high cost landline and internet expense on your own, benefits are minimal and you pay for them. Commission is a joke. UVerse is near saturation. People mostly have already bundled it and you are basically getting calls from people trying to trim their budgets or who are trying to get more time to pay their bill, but do you get any training on that? NO. The schedule is known in advance but changes within all the quality hours of the day. You may be scheduled an 8hr shift starting at 7 am for a week, but the following week you start at 10:45 am. While you sign up for this, it's not clear the times will be at these extremes or that you won't be able to choose. While we make appointments far in advance on what you think will be your weekday off but by the time it comes near, your schedule has changed radically and you stupidly think you can draw upon your accumulating paid time off - NOPE. I have no idea when PTO is ever approved, though the internet portal you manage everything else through gives you the impression they could handle letting you have what you earned. But you can sure have UNPAID time off and get this counted against you. The computer system quickly makes these decisions and you just feel helpless and chained to your desk for answers. This impacted my ability to see a doctor, so I paid months for benefits I couldn't use because I couldn't afford to go without pay. If you have children or daycare schedules and no one who can handle that for you, this is a job you are doomed to have to quit. You don't really know anything first hand about the products; you get the same promotional material available on websites available to the public. Tutorials are out of date. All learning resources are done via VPN. If you want to remember it, you have to write it down. Very little is emailed and it's just as well because big things literally change over night. The arrogant team managers know this, but like anyone, sometimes forget this and you can expect to get conflicting instructions during peak times. Answers while in training and production are slow to come from team leads unless you are talking to a potential sale. Customers can spend as much time as they want on the line blasting off at the lack of customer service. Seems you run into people with pinned up anger and believe UVerse sales was all we were ever after at (AT&T) Convergys.

Great scam to get employees turned to customers for a tiny discount on a phone plan and UVerse + people in your group insurance plans. Turnover is crazy, don't you care? Of course not. It's all about shareholder value.

There are newer employer reviews for Convergys