There are newer employer reviews for Convergys

Great start need to make sure don't overlook talent

I have been working at Convergys

Pros

Good people to work with and tuition reimbursement. The skills you will learn there can help your career. You learn how to talk to people which is valuable

Cons

customer service jobs are not always fun. This company also doesn't value education Most of the people in high managment roles haven't even graduated college and their decisions show it.

Advice to Management

Need to make sure you don't overlook talent just because someone can't find another job and has been there 10 years doesn't qualify them for management

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Out for debate - Will I be the last Work at Home Student Standing?

Current Employee - Work At Home Agent in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Work At Home Agent in New York, NY

I have been working at Convergys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Still out for debate on this job for me. From an employee standpoint, certainly full-time, with benefits, work at home, with customers to solve problems on the cutting edge of technology is enticing. Have to admit, you offered me a good student pay, hours and benefits from the start. Now I am in what you call “production”, well, pay remains the same but your expectations have keyed up to a level that is approaching unbelievable at $9 per hour. If I did not admire my Team Leader as being one of the best - would have been long gone already.

Cons

After 100 days with only 9 of our original 30 students still with the company, I really wonder if there is any real reason to stay other than my own stubbornness to achieve standing as one of the few fellow techs I have encountered thus far with over a year or tenure. I had heard talk of the high turnover, certainly high within the call center industry, but this is really bad – really bad and I am disappointed. Not my personal mission to solve, but you certainly have to see it. Sorry, the explanation during training just didn't’ satisfy my curiosity as to why but most importantly how to overcome.

Advice to Management

Pay for performance can be a good motivator, but when you have positive personal comments versus a metrics system with hidden numbers ripe for failure I just gotta ask “What’s up with this? “ System tools are wonderful, but when they don’t work, they just don’t work and if I provide the necessary tools for work at my own expense, why am I always at fault or monetarily penalized when yours fail? And, finally, please do look at the ability for your agents to have intercompany email. This “chit-chat” stuff is counter productive when it’s full of questions that don’t require on the spot answers. I just want to make a higher hourly rate at what I am doing. It is enjoyable. Your “lots of opportunities to move up” answer is lame.

2. Convergys Corporation Executive Assistant to C+ Exec

Current Employee - Executive Assistant to Chief Executive Officer in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Convergys full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Convergys has changed since I've been gone, however, the people there are awesome. They truly give to their employees and show them they are valued.

Cons

I can't complain about a single thing and I was there for 4 years.

Advice to Management

You guys rock and I refer many people to Convergys for long term employment.