Convergys

www.convergys.com

Learning experience

Former Employee - Floor Leader
Former Employee - Floor Leader

Pros

Great people, flexible hours, friendly environment

Cons

Low compensation , politics, internal advancement

Other reviews for Convergys

Convergys Corporation Executive Assistant to C+ Exec

Current Employee - Executive Assistant to Chief Executive Officer  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant to Chief Executive Officer in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

Convergys has changed since I've been gone, however, the people there are awesome. They truly give to their employees and show them they are valued.

Cons

I can't complain about a single thing and I was there for 4 years.

You guys rock and I refer many people to Convergys for long term employment.

Convergys does not care about or respect their workers.

Former Employee - Tier I Technical Support  in  Lake Mary, FL
    Former Employee - Tier I Technical Support in Lake Mary, FL

Pros

Decent pay for a job that requires no degree or much experience. The training they give you can help you get a better job somewhere else after you leave.

Cons

Convergys started off being not terrible, but while working there policy changed heavily. Now, even though you get absolutely no vacation time until you have worked there for a year, they do not allow you to use unpaid time off (they claim it still exists but there is no way to request it or utilize it), and any paid time off must be requested 3 weeks in advance to even be considered. They also changed the scheduling so that the bottom 70% of workers statistically would now be forced to work 10 hour shifts on both weekend days every week. While this did not effect me, many employees quit or were very upset, especially those with children. Do not expect any flexibility in scheduling with Convergys. They also changed it so that if you do not take your breaks as scheduled, you miss out on your break and are no longer allowed to use it. Forget to take it, get stuck on a call, want to take it when you need to make a call or go to the bathroom? too bad. You now just get no breaks if you miss the window. Convergys was planning on mass firing 25% of the staff on my account, until they implemented these changes and so many employees quit that they are now actually trying to hire people rather than fire them. They were baffled that their sheep would quit and not just say 'thank you generous sirs' and keep on doing what they were told. The team managers are constantly trying to convince Convergys management that it is not an easy job and that the employees who are great at their job are important to keep around and do right by, because it is difficult to excel. They are not convinced, and would just rather get rid of everyone every year so they don't have to start paying them more or giving vacation time.

Realize that your employees who excel are valuable, and that this is not an easy job.

There are newer employer reviews for Convergys.

Worked for Convergys? Contribute to the Community!