Convergys

www.convergys.com
  www.convergys.com
There are newer employer reviews for Convergys

I was very upset to go to work here everyday.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hickory, NC
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hickory, NC

I worked at Convergys full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Helping people with their issues and directing them if I could not help them personally.

Cons

The set up of the office was if you get up you loose your seat. People ate your lunch you brought in. Managers didn't manage well as far as helping but they were quick to criticize. When you had to find a seat from getting up to go to the bathroom or from lunchtime you might not find one in time to clock in and you got a point on your record. Several points and you were written up. Written up you couldn't advance to better positions. It was all a planned road block. When I began work there it was customer service and then one of the reasons I left was that they incorporated sales goals and wanted us to do selling to the people that were calling in for help. This is not very fair to the customer. There was also no parking close by the entrance if you were on a later shift. I broke my foot and there was no accommodations allowed for parking. I actually had fallen several times in the rain with crutches and then I got a point because I was late finding a seat that was not available.

Reorganize the whole environment. This is not conducive to a happy work place.

1498 Other Employee Reviews for Convergys (View Most Recent)

Good place to start in Health-care industry

Current Employee - Pharm Tech
    Current Employee - Pharm Tech

I have been working at Convergys part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Learn a lot about the health industry. You build confidence and communications skill. You make a lot of friends. The company offers little incentives to make a little bit more money and they seem to care about their employees. i.e They offer heath insurance for part-timers like me.

Cons

The hourly rate is too low for the stuff we put up with from patients, they need to raise it if they want to keep people from quitting.

Raise hourly wage!

Stressful, but Overall Excellent Opportunity

Former Employee - Team Coach in Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - Team Coach in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Convergys full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Your paycheck is based on the effort you put in. The opportunities to make money are endless. Also, the company loves to promote internally, so there are always opportunities to advance if you work hard and express interest.

Cons

You're on the phone all day, dealing with upset people which can be mentally exhausting at times. Also, there is a constant push to make team goals. Sometimes it seems difficult to deal, but it's just part of the job and can be accomplished easily with effort.

Most managers do an excellent job motivating and assisting agents. For those who don't, just put more of an effort in to finding out why certain agents are not hitting their goals and what can be done to teach them alternative approaches.

There are newer employer reviews for Convergys