There are newer employer reviews for Convergys

I was very upset to go to work here everyday.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hickory, NC
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hickory, NC

I worked at Convergys full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Helping people with their issues and directing them if I could not help them personally.

Cons

The set up of the office was if you get up you loose your seat. People ate your lunch you brought in. Managers didn't manage well as far as helping but they were quick to criticize. When you had to find a seat from getting up to go to the bathroom or from lunchtime you might not find one in time to clock in and you got a point on your record. Several points and you were written up. Written up you couldn't advance to better positions. It was all a planned road block. When I began work there it was customer service and then one of the reasons I left was that they incorporated sales goals and wanted us to do selling to the people that were calling in for help. This is not very fair to the customer. There was also no parking close by the entrance if you were on a later shift. I broke my foot and there was no accommodations allowed for parking. I actually had fallen several times in the rain with crutches and then I got a point because I was late finding a seat that was not available.

Reorganize the whole environment. This is not conducive to a happy work place.

1392 Other Employee Reviews for Convergys (View Most Recent)

Interesting experience to say the least.

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Erlanger, KY
    Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Erlanger, KY

I worked at Convergys full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good thorough training, almost to the point of redundancy and insult. I felt very well prepared to do my day to day job after a reasonably short time. They do seem to identify talent and ability better than most places, although it didn't seem to translate to a different position other than "coach". Had good incentives for working hard and producing good metrics.

Cons

Very high school feeling atmosphere. Team leaders and people critiquing my work acknowledged knowing less than me. Was told to follow the workflow even if I knew it was incorrect because of previous experience and knowledge. Upper management was disorganized to some degree and spent more time reprimanding employees for being a minute late from break than worrying about issues you are having during the actual work day with actual customers. Left due to poor pay, unavoidable second shift hours, and general frustration with rigid, sometimes incorrect workflow.

Get priorities straight with a consistent message from the top. Heard too many conflicting ways to handle certain issues from different people with the same "title". Either streamline a very concrete process OR allow employees to make their own judgement calls, but currently you have something in between.

DO NOT APPY HERE!!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Greenville, NC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Greenville, NC

I worked at Convergys full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This job is only good if you are looking for a quick check while you are in school or do not plan on working here long.

Cons

Work every weekend 2nd or 3rd shift, Pay, Work environment felt like a school yard, no room for advancement.

There are newer employer reviews for Convergys