There are newer employer reviews for Convergys

I was very upset to go to work here everyday.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hickory, NC
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hickory, NC

I worked at Convergys full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Helping people with their issues and directing them if I could not help them personally.

Cons

The set up of the office was if you get up you loose your seat. People ate your lunch you brought in. Managers didn't manage well as far as helping but they were quick to criticize. When you had to find a seat from getting up to go to the bathroom or from lunchtime you might not find one in time to clock in and you got a point on your record. Several points and you were written up. Written up you couldn't advance to better positions. It was all a planned road block. When I began work there it was customer service and then one of the reasons I left was that they incorporated sales goals and wanted us to do selling to the people that were calling in for help. This is not very fair to the customer. There was also no parking close by the entrance if you were on a later shift. I broke my foot and there was no accommodations allowed for parking. I actually had fallen several times in the rain with crutches and then I got a point because I was late finding a seat that was not available.

Reorganize the whole environment. This is not conducive to a happy work place.

reviews filtered by
  1. Work at Home agent, customer service representative

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Convergys full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

must have patience and be professional in interactions with customers
     I am representing my company and I need to be professional and courteous at all times.

Cons

Knowing how to handle customers who are irate,; finding the root of the issue,listening, review notes that is on the account to make a decision and resolve the issue successfully.

Interact with management to provide information in response to inquiries about products and services and to handle and resolve complaints.Communicating with management can avoid escalation of the customer complaint.

2. Stressful, but Overall Excellent Opportunity

Former Employee - Team Coach in Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - Team Coach in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Convergys full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Your paycheck is based on the effort you put in. The opportunities to make money are endless. Also, the company loves to promote internally, so there are always opportunities to advance if you work hard and express interest.

Cons

You're on the phone all day, dealing with upset people which can be mentally exhausting at times. Also, there is a constant push to make team goals. Sometimes it seems difficult to deal, but it's just part of the job and can be accomplished easily with effort.

Most managers do an excellent job motivating and assisting agents. For those who don't, just put more of an effort in to finding out why certain agents are not hitting their goals and what can be done to teach them alternative approaches.

There are newer employer reviews for Convergys