There are newer employer reviews for Convergys

I was very upset to go to work here everyday.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Hickory, NC
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hickory, NC

I worked at Convergys full-time for more than a year

Pros

Helping people with their issues and directing them if I could not help them personally.

Cons

The set up of the office was if you get up you loose your seat. People ate your lunch you brought in. Managers didn't manage well as far as helping but they were quick to criticize. When you had to find a seat from getting up to go to the bathroom or from lunchtime you might not find one in time to clock in and you got a point on your record. Several points and you were written up. Written up you couldn't advance to better positions. It was all a planned road block. When I began work there it was customer service and then one of the reasons I left was that they incorporated sales goals and wanted us to do selling to the people that were calling in for help. This is not very fair to the customer. There was also no parking close by the entrance if you were on a later shift. I broke my foot and there was no accommodations allowed for parking. I actually had fallen several times in the rain with crutches and then I got a point because I was late finding a seat that was not available.

Reorganize the whole environment. This is not conducive to a happy work place.

1331 Other Employee Reviews for Convergys (View Most Recent)

Learn 'um, burn 'um, and turn 'um

Former Employee - Technical Service Desk  in  Na Ah Tee, AZ
    Former Employee - Technical Service Desk in Na Ah Tee, AZ

I worked at Convergys full-time for more than a year

Pros

WAH, 401k, Health insurance coverage, and H.S.A. and vacation.

Cons

Software issues everyday with client software. Slow systems, time -outs, reboots common, freezing screens. Hard to maneuver, and overwhelming, Convergys Portal page takes more than three logins, and then maybe you are in. Micro mgmt. / arms length mgmt. / difficult resolutions of customer issues involving mgmt./ long wait times for help from mgmt./ mgmt. does not always answer question. Question with question. Extreme multi-tasking with sometimes very long resolution tracks requiring lots of reading to get to resolve, and embedded in tracks there are other places to click for help that do not work. Mgmt. overwhelmed with payroll and other duties, and meetings, and have very little time to help employees. Very stressful environment for compensation. Scorecards determine employee bonus and they raise expectations, and beat you over the head with goal attainment all tied to bonus. Again very stressful. Low wages for multi-tasking many different scenarios. Transfers are common but count against you. Low wages due to Convergys as middle man, and large population of middle mgmt. Not a fun place to work. Again very stressful work environment.

They will not listen.

Reductions in Force

Current Employee - Recruiting  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Recruiting in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Convergys full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent Pay, convenient location downtown cincinnati

Cons

Benefits, communication, many reductions in force around the holidays

more transparent leadership

There are newer employer reviews for Convergys

Worked for Convergys? Contribute to the Community!