Convergys

www.convergys.com
  www.convergys.com
There are newer employer reviews for Convergys

Handling customers was a great experience, but I struggled with a few unethical supervisors.

Former Employee - NBO Customer Care Associate in Sanford, FL
Former Employee - NBO Customer Care Associate in Sanford, FL

I worked at Convergys full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The pay isn't bad, and the hours are generally consistent.

Cons

The site an employee is hired by is a client of the head company yet still makes all of the hiring and firing decisions. The Convergys site I worked at divided the staff into teams, with each team member reporting first to their direct supervisor and to other supervisors as needed. This many layers of leadership seemed to cause some confusion among the supervisors, who regularly provided me with varied instructions on how to handle situations and clients.

Perhaps the head company can better train its clients (Convergys, in this case), to have clearer operations guidelines.

1494 Other Employee Reviews for Convergys (View Most Recent)

Started off good

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Taylorsville, UT
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Taylorsville, UT

I have been working at Convergys full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The training was good. Benefits are good. If call centers are your thing, you can move up quickly here.

Cons

Website says they start at 12.50$ hour but I only recieved 10$. Very low rate of pay for a call center. They are way too focused on stats rather than the effectiveness of their customer service. Anyone who moves up is treated very well, but most of the rest of the agents are expendable. They are a paperless environment which makes us rely on the computers but the computers crash constantly because they are so out of date. Hours aren't too bad if you're one of the first people to interview for your training class. They make you choose your schedule on the spot when they interview you which makes it a first come first serve.

Try updating your workplace

High Stress- plenty of available work hours

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Convergys full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Work at home opportunities available at a decent wage, easy to get hired.

Cons

Very stressful job for those who focus on customer service rather then sales.

Be realistic when explaining the job openings. If the job is pushing hard for sales, explain that instead of dancing around the bush.

There are newer employer reviews for Convergys