Convergys

www.convergys.com
  www.convergys.com
There are newer employer reviews for Convergys

Call center enough said

Former Employee - Customer Service and Problem Resolution Representative II in Hazelwood, MO

I worked at Convergys full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Had decent benefits at least with time off but very hard to advance and when you did you wished you hadn't. There are always opportunities and somewhat flexible regarding scheduling

Cons

It is a call center and advancement is limited. Each project has its own rules and guidelines which frequently change. Management treats employees to least common denominator.

Remember that all the staff are not children and to keep good talent you need to pay train and allow people to advance rather than protect your own jobs

1460 Other Employee Reviews for Convergys (View Most Recent)

Easy job, most annoying pressure from management ever

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative and Sales in Greenville, NC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative and Sales in Greenville, NC

I worked at Convergys full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Pay was half decent. Other employees (at your level) are all nice and supportive.

Cons

Pretend they will allow you to change your schedule. Put you on 2nd shift for a full year after promising that after the first 6 weeks that it would be changed. Put continual pressure on employees with call reviews, stats, etc. I was in the top 5% of my team and constantly felt pressure. Don't condone cheating of any matter (illegally putting on services - trickery - lying to get sales). Dangle the team leader position over you, but it willl never happen unless you are on their 'buddy' list.

I wish you all were professional, but walking in since day one I understand why you are not. You know that saying about putting lipstick on a pig?- well...

I worked for convergys for 2 years

I worked at Convergys full-time

Pros

work from the comfort of your own home

Cons

constantly changing the metrics. you have to pass all surveys, its always something new you have to meet in metrics.

stop changing metrics