www.convergys.com
  www.convergys.com
There are newer employer reviews for Convergys

Pretty good work environment in staff positions

Current Employee - Program Management Assistant
Current Employee - Program Management Assistant

I have been working at Convergys full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fairly consistent work environment, good exposure to a unique industry

Cons

Slow growth potential, no major reward for hard work

Move bright employees up much more quickly, do a better job hiring on the front end to avoid so much attrition

1455 Other Employee Reviews for Convergys (View Most Recent)

Convergys

I have been working at Convergys

Pros

Learning new products and meeting people

Cons

every changing environment lack of advancement

more advancement opportunites

Your a number to management. Get used to It.

Former Employee - Anonymous in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Convergys full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Easy to get friends hired on so you have company but other than that nothing beneficial.

Cons

Horrible flexibility with when you work to trying to take time off. If you want to take a vacation then plan on last minute plans. I was lucky to request a holiday off 2 weeks in advance and that was with haggling management.

As for as flexibility when you work there is none. Probably 90 percent of the people I worked with worked nights and both weekends. If you were that lucky 4 percent you got one weekend day off and the slim 1-2 percent would somehow manage weekends off. If you did get a decent schedule don't expect it to stick for more than a month.

Whwn you work for convergys you're really working for another company that has contracted out to Convergys. Specifically for a call center work. The "client" who I represented is one of the biggest tech companys in the world. (Think smart phones and computers). Pay was horrible and depending on the time of the year there would be mandatory overtime or cut hours. No paycheck security with this company.

Management just sees you as a number. Do good one month and you get a piece of paper thst says "advisor of the month". Get a few bad surveys (you are serving customers ofcourse) and they treat you like you're worthless. Can't forget about a performance writeup.

If you're lucky enough to somehow put up with all of this then you certainly have a chance to move up in the company. When I say move up I mean a team lead or training position that is maybe a 1-2 dollar increase on the already low pay. Yet this comes with an extreme amount of responsibilities and ofcourse when they don't need you anymore they cut your pay and you go back on the phones.

The turnover is horrendous. They could hire about 200-300 people and in a month you'd be lucky to see even half of them.

I could go on and on but the bottom line is if you need a job, this is a job. Just expect to be treated like a number, horrible working hours, and management that only cares about their bonuses. Oh and if you're lucky you just might not get a written that month!

Stop looking at your workforce as a number. We are people too.

There are newer employer reviews for Convergys