Conversant

www.conversantmedia.com
  www.conversantmedia.com
There are newer employer reviews for Conversant

An innovative, exciting, energetic, cool place to work

Current Employee - Decision Sciences Analyst in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Decision Sciences Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Conversant full-time (more than an year)

Pros

innovative, exciting, energetic, smart, fast-paced company

Cons

could be overly competitive or too fast-paced for some people

This company is very well run and is poised for growth!

I love my job at Conversant -- it's very different from my previous research jobs in many good ways.

A typical day of work involves lots of free tea and coffee; meetings with friendly, engaging coworkers; planning sessions and discussions with my manager; a few hours of programming; and a lot of creativity and innovation.

I've learned a lot about the media/marketing/advertising industry and increased my technical skills in SQL database programming, R programming, predictive modeling, and analysis techniques.

The management here is the best I've encountered. My manager tends to be more of a coach or academic advisor than a boss, and I never feel micromanaged.

Similarly, my co-workers seem engaged, energetic, interesting, and fun -- it is a pleasure to come in to work each day to work with these friends.

The hardest part of the job are the demands to be better and faster than the competition, which is no easy task in the past paced advertising tech industry. Sometimes I may have to work overtime to keep up with projects, but because I enjoy my job I don't mind this too much.

The most enjoyable part of my job is having the ability to invent and innovate. I am happy to work on projects because I know my work will be used, not thrown away (in my previous job I worked on several projects that stalled, failed, or were canceled, and this was quite frustrating).

35 Other Employee Reviews for Conversant (View Most Recent)

Ups and downs but overall a solid company

I have been working at Conversant full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The day to day folks are good to great people. Large company atmosphere offers stability and flexibility with being able to work from home. Managers are do not micromanage.

Cons

Big company politics and logjams occur which can be frustrating for day to day employees. Company has processes in place that are outdated.

Take to heart all feedback given by the day to day teams.

People in charge are not the people with the power

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Conversant full-time (less than an year)

Pros

If you are working in the right department you can work in a very dynamic environment

Cons

Lower management has ability to circumvent policy(s) of higher management.

Senior team members should not be allowed to dictate management policy by circumvent management.

There are newer employer reviews for Conversant