Conversica

There are newer employer reviews for Conversica

A reset opportunity

Former Employee - Developer in Bellingham, WA
Former Employee - Developer in Bellingham, WA

I worked at Conversica full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free food, nice coworkers and a keg. Location downtown is nice. Good environment for working.

Cons

Major lack of management skills in executive positions. No room for career opportunities and growth within the company although encouraged otherwise. Met with corporate glass ceilings from upper management on every project, impeding your own endeavors and progress which only reflects poorly on you as an employee. Asking for raises only gets you placed in line on the "first to go" list for the chopping block.

I was let go with no notice due to ignorance shared among the executives on the projects I actually performed and completed. This separation of employee and executive is astonishing within this company. I know the CEO just wants to sell out and move on in the near future. I do not advise working for this company if you value a long term and promising career in development, graphic design, marketing, sales or customer service.

I advise upper management to not fire creative and talented people based on their request for fair compensation, or false understanding of the projects completed by that person.

20 Other Employee Reviews for Conversica (View Most Recent)

Work hard play hard

Current Employee - Software Developer in Bellingham, WA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Bellingham, WA

I have been working at Conversica full-time (more than an year)

Pros

An amazing office environment, I have fun at work, even when we're under pressure. Flexible hours, when I've needed time off, I got it. Great health benefits. Free food and drinks, there's snacks, but we also have lunches and breakfast made in the office.

Cons

You will be here more than 40 hours a week. We end up working 10+ hour days often because of various projects and urgency of some fixes. You will be on call from time to time, and have to be reachable and able to do work no matter the time of day.

Nice to feel empowered, pushed to do my best, held accountable and valued

I have been working at Conversica full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working with smart people
    Ability to creatively add my thoughts and ideas to everything I touch
    Feel valued
    I'm able to execute and coach based upon my experience. This is hard to find at time and one of the reasons I joined. It is great to see a CEO who is passionate, wants more and is fun!

Cons

This is a hard one....Have folks spread out is hard and we have to figure out how to communicate in a way that brings folks together on one common platform.

Hold folks accountable
    Encourage growth through accountability
    Expect more from everyone...high performance

There are newer employer reviews for Conversica