Conversica

www.conversica.com
  www.conversica.com
There are newer employer reviews for Conversica

Constant fear of being fired for no reason with no notice

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA

I have been working at Conversica full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free food and drinks (including beer on tap). Great medical/dental benefits. Interesting and challenging work.

Cons

Pay isn't very good. People are set up to fail and then fired when they don't measure up. A few months ago they fired a guy for coming down with diabetes and then gave a bogus reason for letting him go (I know the details, but won't tell). I've had diabetes since I was a child and I'm deathly afraid that management will find out and fire me too.

Pay people decently. Stop trying to set people up to fail. Have your lawyers explain the ADA to you again.

20 Other Employee Reviews for Conversica (View Most Recent)

A reset opportunity

Former Employee - Developer in Bellingham, WA
    Former Employee - Developer in Bellingham, WA

I worked at Conversica full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free food, nice coworkers and a keg. Location downtown is nice. Good environment for working.

Cons

Major lack of management skills in executive positions. No room for career opportunities and growth within the company although encouraged otherwise. Met with corporate glass ceilings from upper management on every project, impeding your own endeavors and progress which only reflects poorly on you as an employee. Asking for raises only gets you placed in line on the "first to go" list for the chopping block.

I was let go with no notice due to ignorance shared among the executives on the projects I actually performed and completed. This separation of employee and executive is astonishing within this company. I know the CEO just wants to sell out and move on in the near future. I do not advise working for this company if you value a long term and promising career in development, graphic design, marketing, sales or customer service.

I advise upper management to not fire creative and talented people based on their request for fair compensation, or false understanding of the projects completed by that person.

Work hard play hard

Current Employee - Software Developer in Bellingham, WA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Bellingham, WA

I have been working at Conversica full-time (more than an year)

Pros

An amazing office environment, I have fun at work, even when we're under pressure. Flexible hours, when I've needed time off, I got it. Great health benefits. Free food and drinks, there's snacks, but we also have lunches and breakfast made in the office.

Cons

You will be here more than 40 hours a week. We end up working 10+ hour days often because of various projects and urgency of some fixes. You will be on call from time to time, and have to be reachable and able to do work no matter the time of day.

There are newer employer reviews for Conversica