Cook Children's Health Care System

worker satisfaction

Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner
Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner

I have been working at Cook Children's Health Care System

Pros

autonomy and, support system are strong

Cons

starting salary and cost of living increase slow to come

Continue to be competitive by staying with current salaries offered

40 Other Employee Reviews for Cook Children's Health Care System (View Most Recent)

can be a fun place to work

Current Employee - Registered Nurse
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at Cook Children's Health Care System full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pay is good. Countless educational opportunities. Working in a children's hospital means lots of perks, like having a decent food court, a build-a-bear, friendly dogs wandering the campus, clowns, celebrities... Most employees are genuinely happy working here.

Cons

attendance policy is brutal. Hard to save up for vacation time. Training was not always optimal. Outdated EMR. Parking garages are awful.

Continue to offer opportunities for growth. Listen to feedback from employees, especially if you are hearing the same thing over and over again. Please look into Epic!

Amazing experience - such an excellent workplace

Former Intern - Summer Intern in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Intern - Summer Intern in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Cook Children's Health Care System as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Great people, passionate, fun, excellent environment. Very creative place. Trustworthy. They place an immense value on their employees- you can tell they really care about people. I was an intern and my boss did everything she could to give me a meaningful experience - it wasn't just about what they could get out of me. Incredible opportunity & I learned so much. Everyone is so focused on doing an excellent job so they can help kids!! Also, they have dogs!

Cons

Hard to think of many. Difficult to get in - very competitive and employees don't leave once they get a good spot.

There are newer employer reviews for Cook Children's Health Care System