Cook Children's Health Care System

www.cookchildrens.org
  www.cookchildrens.org
There are newer employer reviews for Cook Children's Health Care System

Gave me the opportunity to learn a lot in an environment that was welcoming throughout my department and the industry

I worked at Cook Children's Health Care System as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The work environment is fun because it's all done for the kids! The people are great because they want to make a difference in children's lives

Cons

Some of the stories will break your heart

33 Other Employee Reviews for Cook Children's Health Care System (View Most Recent)

Very disappointing

Current Employee - LVN
    Current Employee - LVN

I have been working at Cook Children's Health Care System full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Locations, number of physicians, working with the children and their family

Cons

Lack of compassion from many employees, "clicks or groups" that make it hard for new employees.

Excellent employer until your individuality clashes with someone's pride and ego.

Former Employee - Homeless Kid's Driver in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Homeless Kid's Driver in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Cook Children's Health Care System full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Knowing that you are part of an organization that is REALLY the best place for a sick child to go. They have the very best doctors and services for all children, even the homeless who cannot pay a penny for their visits, specialists, medicine or surgery. If I had a sick child, he would go to Cook Children's. I worked there for four years. They get 5 stars for the services they provide.

Cons

The culture of the hospital, and therefore also of the contractors, is one of a strict hierarchy that allows for NO variation in procedure, or in the comfort level of over-sensitive, self-important individuals that are myopically entrenched in their singular duties. It's a secretive and back stabbing environment that compliments you for an action on behalf of a child on the one hand, and then undermines your status as an employee for doing the same action with a Cook receptionist or case worker who cannot stand to be questioned about anything. They are so insecure and mentally fragile that it shakes up their nested position. So they lash out by reporting offenders to the highest management possible in order to get revenge. That way, every manager from the top down "knows" what you did. My manager was VERY supportive and understanding of our higher manager's idiosyncrasies and paranoia, until he fired me in order to stay in good standing with his superiors. They get 1 star for instilling fear into the employees in order to keep them kissing up.

Let common sense be the determining factor in an employee's worth instead of your fear of your superiors. But this would have to be started at the level of the CEO and the president.

There are newer employer reviews for Cook Children's Health Care System