Cook Children's Health Care System

www.cookchildrens.org

Friendly people, adorable patients, and rewarding work environment.

Former Employee - Unit Secretary  in  Fort Worth, TX
Former Employee - Unit Secretary in Fort Worth, TX

Pros

This hospital system values their employees which creates positive morale and a team driven environment. Having a distinguished reputation for extraordinary care and patient outcomes, Cook Children's employees are genuinely proud to work here. Self scheduling (in many areas, though not all) is a big plus. My family relocated to another state. I very much miss this hospital.

Cons

Hourly pay was competitive, although shift differential for non-clinical staff was very low. I was willing to overlook this, however, because I loved my job.

Other reviews for Cook Children's Health Care System

I have had a good experience working at Cook Childrens

Current Employee - Registered Nurse
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse

Pros

Working at Cooks is a very rewarding and gratifying experience. You get the opportunity to work with and learn from brilliant minds as well as the satisfaction of knowing that your work makes a difference in the lives of children. The facility is beautiful, benefits options are good and pay is competitive.

Cons

Cooks is a very political environment and if you allow yourself to get caught up in the politics (which is a requirement if you want to advance) it can suck the life out of you. I left Cooks after 7 years of working in the same department because as I was moving up the ladder in that department senior management was asking me to do things that I did not feel were ethical and the more I stood up for myself and my work ethic, the more I was backed into a corner. So much so that I got extremely burnt out and left Cooks for the same position at a similar company. I missed the environment and people at Cooks so I returned less than a year but to a different department. The management in my current department is night and day different and my manager values my opinions even when they may not align with theirs and I couldn't be happier with my job. I am glad I gave Cooks a second chance.

It is unfortunate that a few people in leadership (in certain department(s) has forced many people to leave the company after going to HR with their concerns only to have them fall on deaf ears. I hope for the sake of the quality of care that the patients are receiving in these departments, that management is re-evaluated and held to higher standards in the future.

Good Place to Work

Current Employee - Supervisor  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Fort Worth, TX

Pros

Good benefits, good salaries, great cause!

Cons

Hard to move up, policies bog down progress

Listen to the people when they tell you something. If upper management would heed what is being told to them they could save themselves thousands in turn over and revenue.

There are newer employer reviews for Cook Children's Health Care System.

Worked for Cook Children's Health Care System? Contribute to the Community!