Cook Children's Health Care System

www.cookchildrens.org
  www.cookchildrens.org
There are newer employer reviews for Cook Children's Health Care System

Working at Cook Children's is a privilege!

Current Employee - Nurse Manager in Fort Worth, TX
Current Employee - Nurse Manager in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Cook Children's Health Care System full-time

Pros

Customer service oriented
Wonderful pediatric facility
Physicians are excellent
Forward thinking organization

Cons

No EMR for Perioperative/Anesthesia Services

Life will be awesome when EMR available for Perioperative Services- Anesthesa where we will optimize collaboration, communication, efficiency, and patient safety.

36 Other Employee Reviews for Cook Children's Health Care System (View Most Recent)

I have had a good experience working at Cook Childrens

Current Employee - Registered Nurse
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at Cook Children's Health Care System full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Working at Cooks is a very rewarding and gratifying experience. You get the opportunity to work with and learn from brilliant minds as well as the satisfaction of knowing that your work makes a difference in the lives of children. The facility is beautiful, benefits options are good and pay is competitive.

Cons

Cooks is a very political environment and if you allow yourself to get caught up in the politics (which is a requirement if you want to advance) it can suck the life out of you. I left Cooks after 7 years of working in the same department because as I was moving up the ladder in that department senior management was asking me to do things that I did not feel were ethical and the more I stood up for myself and my work ethic, the more I was backed into a corner. So much so that I got extremely burnt out and left Cooks for the same position at a similar company. I missed the environment and people at Cooks so I returned less than a year but to a different department. The management in my current department is night and day different and my manager values my opinions even when they may not align with theirs and I couldn't be happier with my job. I am glad I gave Cooks a second chance.

It is unfortunate that a few people in leadership (in certain department(s) has forced many people to leave the company after going to HR with their concerns only to have them fall on deaf ears. I hope for the sake of the quality of care that the patients are receiving in these departments, that management is re-evaluated and held to higher standards in the future.

Friendly people, adorable patients, and rewarding work environment.

Former Employee - Unit Secretary in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Unit Secretary in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Cook Children's Health Care System full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

This hospital system values their employees which creates positive morale and a team driven environment. Having a distinguished reputation for extraordinary care and patient outcomes, Cook Children's employees are genuinely proud to work here. Self scheduling (in many areas, though not all) is a big plus. My family relocated to another state. I very much miss this hospital.

Cons

Hourly pay was competitive, although shift differential for non-clinical staff was very low. I was willing to overlook this, however, because I loved my job.

There are newer employer reviews for Cook Children's Health Care System