There are newer employer reviews for Cook Medical Inc

great

I have been working at Cook Medical Inc full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

great company to work for

Cons

schedule is not flexible for most employees

77 Other Employee Reviews for Cook Medical Inc (View Most Recent)

a great place for a white , newly graduated male

Current Employee - Engineer  in  Bloomington, IN
    Current Employee - Engineer in Bloomington, IN

I have been working at Cook Medical Inc full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

very open policy, new ideas are encouraged, very flexible work schedules, no dead lines, best place to start a family, red neck company

Cons

1. Poor pay. salary at the lowest end of the spectrum
    2. no growth. company abound with old timers. growth only for people who have brother/ father/ father in law/ who are in management.
    3. Dark skin, brown skin, asian, competitive females will never be given a chance to grow. Only good if you are a white male.
    4. use of outdated technology at work.
    5. Management blissfully unaware about technology.

Old timers need to quit. give way for younger generation

Incredibly uneven. Some very good people AND the lowest of low-level liars

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Winston-Salem, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

I worked at Cook Medical Inc full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pros – I can honestly say that there are many, many nice people working here. Just not in management.

For many managers, life is easy. Easy, easy, easy. As in, many middle managers can be seen napping through the day, perusing YouTube or watching their dogs at home via robotic camera. And spreading lies. And passing blame.

Cons

They got a bad FDA audit and took all the little people to task by telling us we had better straighten up or – the quote was “get the hell out of here.” Funny, it was management’s own policies that created the problem.

There is no coherent company policy, and most important questions do not appear in print in the employee manual for salaried workers. Each manager is given complete authority to create the rules they see fit. This is especially hilarious in the realm of PTO, scheduled and flexible time. No two employees appear to have to abide by the same rules. (Maybe it is different with the hourly employees, but I don't know.)

Job titles are created to give to otherwise unemployable friends of management. Gossip, lies and backstabbing are rampant, as is nepotism. (I've never actually seen "son-in-law" jobs in real life until I got here. I thought that was just an expression!) The "Anti-retaliation" policy is a joke. Most of the old guard are proud of the fact they haven't learned anything new in 20 years, and they hate new people.

Realize that you fail to motivate when you treat people like dirt.

There are newer employer reviews for Cook Medical Inc

Worked for Cook Medical Inc? Contribute to the Community!