There are newer employer reviews for Cooley

Great place to work if you don't plan on using your skills.

Current Employee - Paralegal
Current Employee - Paralegal

I have been working at Cooley

Pros

Mostly friendly people. Good work location.

Cons

No career advancement. You spend all day everyday doing menial work. No sense in going to college to work here. Management only cares about attorneys.

Advice to Management

Utilize your paralegal's skills or continue to lose good people.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Crazies, Cliques, and Kissing Ass

Former Employee - Paralegal in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Paralegal in Reston, VA

I worked at Cooley

Pros

The best reasons to work for these weirdos are the location and salary.

Cons

If you want to take a trip back to high school and deal with cliques and kissing ass then this place is for you. The people are absolutely crazy. I've never worked somewhere like that before. I would avoid it at all costs.

Advice to Management

I would say something but my mom always told me not to say anything if you can't say something nice.

2. Let's talk turkey, legal staff!

Current Employee - Legal Secretary in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Legal Secretary in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Cooley

Pros

Not too many extreme personalities among the attorneys. Has a reputation for quality legal work.

Cons

Support staff don't generally feel valued. Mid-level management is not professional. For example, HR people are not professionally trained. More needs to be done to establish teamwork, cooperation and respect between attorneys and staff. Firm needs to loosen up the purse strings and invest in higher-quality infrastructure and training. Huge Profit Per Partner ratio does not relate down to staff level. Staff salaries do not increase at anywhere near the rate of associate salaries, let alone partners.

Advice to Management

Demand more of your mid-level management in terms of qualifications and continued education in their fields. Encourage more communication and teamwork among the offices. Provide more training and educational opportunities for staff as well as attorneys. Look at your personal income compared to the lowest paid workers at your firm and ask yourself if you are part of the problem or the solution when it comes to widening class differences in the U.S.