Cooper Industries

www.cooperindustries.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cooper Industries

Exciting Career I can ever have

Current Employee - Team Leader in Puducherry (India)
Current Employee - Team Leader in Puducherry (India)

I have been working at Cooper Industries full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The Processes are set so clear inclined along with each Employee's Objective that leads to the growth of an individual along with the Company

Cons

I haven't had any to share for now

It has always been a Pride to be part of Cooper industries and Hats Off to the Management for making that a trademark.

99 Other Employee Reviews for Cooper Industries (View Most Recent)

Great work life balance

Current Employee - Cooper Lighting Regional Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Cooper Lighting Regional Sales Manager

I have been working at Cooper Industries

Pros

My position at Cooper Lighting has given me the opportunity to manage a $100MM+ sales territory just shy of my 30th birthday, and even thought the company was sold to Eaton Corp today I do not have a bad thing to say about the company. Are there the typical corporate headaches? Of course, but for the most part as long as you do a great job they let you do your thing. I am now looking forward to transitioning into an Eaton employee, and look forward to the opportunity to get into international sales with Eaton sometime down the road.

Cons

There is a lack of communication from the top down. Also, from a Cooper Lighting perspective we are perceived in the market as having low price product lines, but that is simply not the case. A poor marketing strategy set in place years ago built this perception that we cannot seem to shake.

Creating a new ease of business strategy coupled with a new marketing brand will do wonders for the way Cooper Lighting is perceived in the market.

Terrible

Former Employee - In Sales
    Former Employee - In Sales

I worked at Cooper Industries

Pros

Large company, known product divisions.

Cons

Company bought a smaller company Wheelock Inc and changed the name to Cooper Notification. Cooper then brought in their own people and fired most of the existing employees. They did not care about what individual employees had contributed to company's sales previously. Downgraded titles of salesmen. The Sales Director micromanaged them and took away even their one office day, used for follow ups and appointments. He plays favorites and hires and promotes his own people. He did not have any suggestions on how to increase sales in a bad economy.

Make the Sales Director and other middle managers meet the technical requirements required of salesmen. They should be competent in product knowledge as well. Hold their feet to the fire and do not allow them to blame salespeople for all their own faults and shortcomings.

There are newer employer reviews for Cooper Industries