Cooper-Standard Automotive

www.cooperstandard.com
  www.cooperstandard.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cooper-Standard Automotive

Do not choose a automotive supplier as a career if you care about people.

Former Employee - Engineer in Auburn Hills, MI
Former Employee - Engineer in Auburn Hills, MI

I worked at Cooper-Standard Automotive

Pros

Most people are a pleasure to work with. Some are to be avoided. While many people have been with the company for a long time, it depends if you were part of a prior takeover or are an original Cooper employee..

Cons

Auto suppliers live and die on the demands and requirements of their customers. Economic times are very tough right now in 2008 and any loyalty to employees is forgotten. Everyone is on edge.

I find it amazing that a Reward for years of service be given to an employee and then a few days later that same employee is walked out the door with no notice beause of a workforce cut back. While this may be the SOP for many companies today, it leaves many people with a bad taste for a company they were once proud to say they worked for. The "no notice rule" that is used today stinks.

26 Other Employee Reviews for Cooper-Standard Automotive (View Most Recent)

If you need a job....

Current Employee - Dual Incentive in Bowling Green, OH
    Current Employee - Dual Incentive in Bowling Green, OH

I have been working at Cooper-Standard Automotive

Pros

The wages are good. The work isn't too difficult. The place is pretty clean. Most of the people are decent people and hard working. They are unionized.

Cons

Management keeps you in the dark. Communication is really bad between management and hourly and salary to salary. It seems salaried are working against each other instead of as a TEAM! The union is not very strong. There are quite a few people who need to be fired but are protected. I guess that is the downside of being a union shop. Management could be more appreciative of their hourly workers. A "nice job", or a "thank you" every once in awhile would go a long way.

Be more forth coming with information to your employees. Don't treat us like we are stupid. You may be suprised by sharing that we all may come up with a solution.

Don't choose this company if you want to grow in your career

I worked at Cooper-Standard Automotive full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

most of the colleagues are friendly. good work and life balance in my work location.

Cons

The management only busy with the politics. It's an industry constantly changing, you need to be prepared to change with them if you want to survive. Sometimes, you feel like your goals are changing every 10 mins.

Plan ahead and think strategically

There are newer employer reviews for Cooper-Standard Automotive