There are newer employer reviews for Cooper Tire & Rubber

I'm proud to work for cooper tire.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tupelo, MS
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tupelo, MS

I have been working at Cooper Tire & Rubber

Pros

Cooper tire is a good paying job and I like the idea of working 2 days on and 2 days..

Cons

Not really much to say about the cons of working at Cooper tire..it's hard work but it's worth it..If you can't handle it go work at Buger King..

Advice to Management

all machines that do the same job should have the same rate. When machine A can only get 5 hours over production in a 12 hour workshift and macine B can get up to 12 hours over production in a 12 shift.It doesn't seem fair. when both machines make the same amount of cuts is a 12 hr shift.. Operators have advised their Superiors but are ignored or over looked..

reviews filtered by
  1. Great in 70's through 2000 when I retired.

Current Employee - Finishing Tire Inspector in Texarkana, TX
    Current Employee - Finishing Tire Inspector in Texarkana, TX

I have been working at Cooper Tire & Rubber

Pros

When I worked there we had people that not only cared about the product, but also our our fellow employees.

Cons

Shift work can be tough on the employee as well as the families.

Advice to Management

Management should listen to the people on the floor and handle the tires, from the millroom to finishing. I have found that what works on paper doesn't always work on the floor!

2. standards were too high to properly perform job as it should be done

Former Employee - Tire Inspector in Albany, GA
    Former Employee - Tire Inspector in Albany, GA

I worked at Cooper Tire & Rubber

Pros

Benefits,salary,and every other weekend off.Very good co employees that are willing to help when you need them.

Cons

Standards of inspection was too high due to the many defects you had to look for,the size of the tires with the high numbers,and having to trim excess rubber from tires due to improper molds.We had to clean buffer dust due to the buffer operators not keeping good brushes on their equipment.Having to flip back and forth from day shift to night shift.

Advice to Management

M.anagement needs to quit telling employees that they will check into a problem that you bring to their attention,and a month later,they still havent corrected the problem.