Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants

www.coopershawkwinery.com
  www.coopershawkwinery.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants

Great sense of community, quickly growing into corporate type environment

Current Employee - Server in Wheeling, IL
Current Employee - Server in Wheeling, IL

I have been working at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

They seem to truly care about their employees.

Cons

Sometimes quality is overstepped now that the company is growing so quickly. It seems that growth is becoming the most important goal.

17 Other Employee Reviews for Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants (View Most Recent)

Love the company!

Current Employee - Server
    Current Employee - Server

I have been working at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants part-time

Pros

I am a server at Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant, it has been one of the best positions i've had so far in my career. Wonderful, energetic group of people that i work with including management! Perks are definitely awesome!

Cons

Pressure to sell wine clubs is over the top. I understand the importance of wine clubs to the company, but when the store has been in its location for three years it is difficult to get those sold. Either they are already members or absolutely do not want to join.

Amazing place and people, but hitting some growing pains

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burr Ridge, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burr Ridge, IL

I have been working at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The money and the people are great. Serving is very lucrative as long as you know how to work as a team. This is not an 'every server for themselves' kind of gig. The GM of my restaurant has been wonderful to work with and has helped me grow as an employee. Tim McEnery is an amazing CEO.

Cons

The company is so focused on expansion...it is losing sight of the culture that has helped set this concept a part. I believe Corporate should sit down and re examine the message in the Mission Statement and core values they unveiled 4 years ago before expansion really took off. They should also re evaluate the support they give to established restaurants.

I think upper management should hold an LRT focus group. They should also return to the mission statement and core values to determine where they can improve to better live up to Coopers Hawk standards. Profit is a great thing in the business world, but the real success of the company is in the hands of your front line team members and those who manage them. Nurture those relationships.

There are newer employer reviews for Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants