Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants

There are newer employer reviews for Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants

Like any other dine in

Current Employee - House Man in Orland Park, IL
Current Employee - House Man in Orland Park, IL

I have been working at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The work load they give us is crazy but manageable, and pretty good discounts.

Cons

Coopers Hawk just take themselves a little too serious, which is not too much of a bad thing to the customer, but a highly stressful thing to the employees. Regular breaks are not given out unless your a double, and on the work schedule the employee knows what time he or she has to be punched in for work, but you will not know when to punch out to leave. Resturant in Orland Park, IL

I am a current employee of this establishment , and I highly suggest giving the employees Start and Finish times on the working Schedule, and regular breaks, especially if its over 6 hours of work. Heads up its workers rights!!!

16 Other Employee Reviews for Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants (View Most Recent)

Great sense of community, quickly growing into corporate type environment

Current Employee - Server in Wheeling, IL
    Current Employee - Server in Wheeling, IL

I have been working at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

They seem to truly care about their employees.

Cons

Sometimes quality is overstepped now that the company is growing so quickly. It seems that growth is becoming the most important goal.

Amazing place and people, but hitting some growing pains

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burr Ridge, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burr Ridge, IL

I have been working at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The money and the people are great. Serving is very lucrative as long as you know how to work as a team. This is not an 'every server for themselves' kind of gig. The GM of my restaurant has been wonderful to work with and has helped me grow as an employee. Tim McEnery is an amazing CEO.

Cons

The company is so focused on expansion...it is losing sight of the culture that has helped set this concept a part. I believe Corporate should sit down and re examine the message in the Mission Statement and core values they unveiled 4 years ago before expansion really took off. They should also re evaluate the support they give to established restaurants.

I think upper management should hold an LRT focus group. They should also return to the mission statement and core values to determine where they can improve to better live up to Coopers Hawk standards. Profit is a great thing in the business world, but the real success of the company is in the hands of your front line team members and those who manage them. Nurture those relationships.

There are newer employer reviews for Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants