Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants

www.coopershawkwinery.com
Engaged Employer
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants

Good money, management and corporate doesnt care about the worker.

I have been working at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants (more than a year)

Pros

Were always busy, the money is the only thing thats keeping me here. This used to be the best restaurant I've worked at, but recently it has turned for the worst.

Cons

The company as a whole is exploding, which sucks for servers they seem to care less and less about the worker and more about the bottom line. This company mission statement is all about creating community and caring for its empleyees buts thats not the case, they always have focus groups with the owner or the GM but it doesnt change anything. I never seen any restaurant that is so small have such a big corporate office. It seems like they have a new executive every few months and there all coming from let us entertain you and darden restaurants. When I first started I used to love coming into work, but now I cant wait to leave. In the next couple of years it will lose all of its exclusiveness and be more of a corporate chain like Olive Garden. If you work a double (12+hours) dont expect to have a break, or even sit down as its against the rules. Management is always changing, always pulling out rules outta there @$$ stating its in the handbook.

Advice to Management

Your greatest asset in the company are your servers, treat them with respect.

reviews filtered by
  1. By serving, I gained experience by interacting with customers and working as a team.

Former Employee - Server in Wheeling, IL
    Former Employee - Server in Wheeling, IL

I worked at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Fast paced atmosphere, good team work, able to network with people

Cons

Second Shift, Not ideal for a full time position.

2. Like any other dine in

Current Employee - House Man in Orland Park, IL
    Current Employee - House Man in Orland Park, IL

I have been working at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The work load they give us is crazy but manageable, and pretty good discounts.

Cons

Coopers Hawk just take themselves a little too serious, which is not too much of a bad thing to the customer, but a highly stressful thing to the employees. Regular breaks are not given out unless your a double, and on the work schedule the employee knows what time he or she has to be punched in for work, but you will not know when to punch out to leave. Resturant in Orland Park, IL

Advice to Management

I am a current employee of this establishment , and I highly suggest giving the employees Start and Finish times on the working Schedule, and regular breaks, especially if its over 6 hours of work. Heads up its workers rights!!!

There are newer employer reviews for Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants