Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants

www.coopershawkwinery.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants

Good serving gig.

Former Employee - Server in Wheeling, IL

I worked at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Higher end customers, good work environment, great discounts (40% off wine) and chance to make good money. Side-work is easy compared to past jobs. Chance to make more money by selling wine clubs

Cons

It's a serving job so the traditional cons. Over the past year the place is becoming more corporate. Some managers are a little over the top, but for the most part very good hands on managers.

Keep up with the fun and relaxed attitude the job is stressful enough without added pressures.

17 Other Employee Reviews for Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants (View Most Recent)

Good money, management and corporate doesnt care about the worker.

I have been working at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants (more than an year)

Pros

Were always busy, the money is the only thing thats keeping me here. This used to be the best restaurant I've worked at, but recently it has turned for the worst.

Cons

The company as a whole is exploding, which sucks for servers they seem to care less and less about the worker and more about the bottom line. This company mission statement is all about creating community and caring for its empleyees buts thats not the case, they always have focus groups with the owner or the GM but it doesnt change anything. I never seen any restaurant that is so small have such a big corporate office. It seems like they have a new executive every few months and there all coming from let us entertain you and darden restaurants. When I first started I used to love coming into work, but now I cant wait to leave. In the next couple of years it will lose all of its exclusiveness and be more of a corporate chain like Olive Garden. If you work a double (12+hours) dont expect to have a break, or even sit down as its against the rules. Management is always changing, always pulling out rules outta there @$$ stating its in the handbook.

Your greatest asset in the company are your servers, treat them with respect.

By serving, I gained experience by interacting with customers and working as a team.

Former Employee - Server in Wheeling, IL

I worked at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fast paced atmosphere, good team work, able to network with people

Cons

Second Shift, Not ideal for a full time position.

There are newer employer reviews for Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants