Experienced IT Professional...not what I expected or was promised

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Pleasanton, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at CooperVision full-time

Pros

Work/life balance is great and benefits are above average (401k match, annual bonus, generous holiday parties). HR runs the best Wellness Program I've ever seen. Good company offsite events. Annual bonus of 1 week's salary paid in December. HR processes are better now than when I started.

Cons

Pay is not great for non-execs and forget about getting more than 3% per year, even if you are a high performer. High performers in IT get the same raise as those that are just showing up and keeping their heads down. Annual review process is inconsistent and frustrating. No stock options for positions below Director. No ESPP plan, and none planned anytime soon, which is a shame for a company that has been around for decades and hit $1B in sales in recent years.

Evaluate your middle managers like you do your Executives, and you might realize you have managers that shouldn't be. Push managers to support training opportunities and make sure good employees are being developed and mentored. Tear down the silos in IT and do more cross-training. Treating all employees the same for the sake of fairness is a quick way to cause the talented ones to look for a better opportunity.

May 23, 2014Sr. HR Generalist.com

We appreciate your feedback. We are continually striving to reward our people through a Total Rewards package that is competitive in the market today.

Other Reviews for CooperVision

The associate is always first.

Current Employee - Chemist  in  Juana Diaz, PR
    Current Employee - Chemist in Juana Diaz, PR

I have been working at CooperVision full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The company always put the associate first. They are very flexible with the shifts.

Cons

The opportunities of growth is very slow in the company.

Give the chance for the associates to growth in other áreas of the company.

May 23, 2014Sr. HR Generalist.com

Thank you for your review. CooperVision stives to both develop it's internal talent as well as promote from within.

No Appreciation for employees who have been there 20+ years! STAY AWAY

Former Employee - Production Operator  in  Scottsville, NY
    Former Employee - Production Operator in Scottsville, NY

I worked at CooperVision full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are SOME nice people.

Cons

The values of the company does not include employees. Upper Management shows favoritism towards certain employees and if you are not one of those employees you get crapped on. There are people who have worked here for 20+ years with a great track record and have to "apply" for advancement and still get over looked by people who have been there for < 5 years. You are forced to work on Saturdays and are penalized if you cannot work. Most of the people there are miserable and mean. If you work on the right shift, you can barely understand anyone else working on your shift because of a language barrier.

Respect the people that have been there longer and give them the promotions/job opportunity that they have worked for instead of someone that just started. Get coordinators and supervisors that know and understand what they are doing. When I worked there, there was so much favoritism it was horrendous. I knew more about management than my coordinator and supervisor.

May 23, 2014Sr. HR Generalist.com

We sincerely appreciate any employee who has a long and dedicated tenure with CooperVision. Our average tenure of both employees and management is above the industry norm.

There are newer employer reviews for CooperVision.

Worked for CooperVision? Contribute to the Community!