There are newer employer reviews for CoorsTek

Good place to work for, good team spirt.

Former Employee - Technician
Former Employee - Technician

I worked at CoorsTek

Pros

Very good company with excellent people. Advancement achievable with good performance. Very community oriented with local activities and projects. I would return given the opportunity.

Cons

Very little cons with Coorstek, if I had to pick any are that a few bad apples in management position "Power Corrupts" kind of thing.

Advice to Management

Some mid-level managers tend to be to controlling and take credit for others accomplishments and not allowing people to progress and achieve their maximum potential.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Better than a Sharp Stick in the Eye

Former Employee - Process Engineer III
    Former Employee - Process Engineer III

I worked at CoorsTek

Pros

The work could be interesting at times. Given the lack of depth within the company, it was easy to be a "shining star". Management also had a tendency to focus on themselves and generally left the rank and file employees alone. The location was beautiful, its Golden Colorado.

It was kinda nice when you accrued vacation time. You could either roll it over to the next year or cash it in. Nice perk when you sacrificed vacation time for getting production out the door. That disappeared in another "cost cutting" measure though.

Given the economic melt down, having a job was the biggest reason for staying. The fact that CoorsTek cut their staffing to the bone made everyone left essential.

Cons

The focus of the company is making money for the Coors family. Period, end of discussion. The direction of the company seems to vacillate back and forth, losing and then gaining focus. The pay is decent, in line with local averages. The medical leaves a lot to be desired, basically catastrophic high deductible. No pension, good match on 401........when they didn't yank it to save money.

I've worked for about 10 companies in the past thirty years. Coorstek probably ranks in the lower half. With the economy strengthening came the opportunity to get the hell out of dodge. I got a new job with a 20% salary bump. I gave 2 weeks notice and was promptly escorted off the premises. So much for respecting the employee.

Advice to Management

Quit making it so obvious that we're working simply to make money for the family.

2. Great Experience with employees treating you like a part of the family.

Former Employee - Facility Maintenance Technician in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Facility Maintenance Technician in Denver, CO

I worked at CoorsTek full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have their own credit union, own medical plaza with doctors, and really concentrate on their employees. Family oriented business in a large corporate setting.

Cons

Very fast paced work that leaves you a bit stressed overall if you fall behind. But with any production or distribution company, you can expect the same.

Advice to Management

Keep on putting the employees first and making them feel like a key role in the company. They will in turn keep working hard for you.