CoorsTek

www.coorstek.com
  www.coorstek.com
There are newer employer reviews for CoorsTek

Good place to work for, good team spirt.

Former Employee - Technician
Former Employee - Technician

I worked at CoorsTek

Pros

Very good company with excellent people. Advancement achievable with good performance. Very community oriented with local activities and projects. I would return given the opportunity.

Cons

Very little cons with Coorstek, if I had to pick any are that a few bad apples in management position "Power Corrupts" kind of thing.

Some mid-level managers tend to be to controlling and take credit for others accomplishments and not allowing people to progress and achieve their maximum potential.

20 Other Employee Reviews for CoorsTek (View Most Recent)

Better than a Sharp Stick in the Eye

Former Employee - Process Engineer III
    Former Employee - Process Engineer III

I worked at CoorsTek

Pros

The work could be interesting at times. Given the lack of depth within the company, it was easy to be a "shining star". Management also had a tendency to focus on themselves and generally left the rank and file employees alone. The location was beautiful, its Golden Colorado.

It was kinda nice when you accrued vacation time. You could either roll it over to the next year or cash it in. Nice perk when you sacrificed vacation time for getting production out the door. That disappeared in another "cost cutting" measure though.

Given the economic melt down, having a job was the biggest reason for staying. The fact that CoorsTek cut their staffing to the bone made everyone left essential.

Cons

The focus of the company is making money for the Coors family. Period, end of discussion. The direction of the company seems to vacillate back and forth, losing and then gaining focus. The pay is decent, in line with local averages. The medical leaves a lot to be desired, basically catastrophic high deductible. No pension, good match on 401........when they didn't yank it to save money.

I've worked for about 10 companies in the past thirty years. Coorstek probably ranks in the lower half. With the economy strengthening came the opportunity to get the hell out of dodge. I got a new job with a 20% salary bump. I gave 2 weeks notice and was promptly escorted off the premises. So much for respecting the employee.

Quit making it so obvious that we're working simply to make money for the family.

An amazing company that employs amazing people

I worked at CoorsTek as an intern

Pros

- The respect throughout this company is amazing
    - Upper management is highly involved in all aspects
    - Listens to all employees' comments/concerns
    - Strives for excellence among everyone
    - Ability to learn all aspects of the business, not just within a chosen specialty
    - Great industry knowledge

Cons

I literally did not have a bad moment while I worked for this company.

There are newer employer reviews for CoorsTek